Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ginge46

Mar 09

ginge46 says:

makes me laugh...

folk on here sayin he had lucky titles...how the fudge do you figure that out? 04 saw him unfavored to laconi in ducati but he busted his balls to win that title went to the last round remember knobheads!!!! That was sheer determination nowt to do with luck!!! And 07 saw him battling with the best in the class...Bayliss Haga, Biaggi etc no fluke there either n you dunna put a moto gp bike on the front row n finish in the top six first time out without bein a bit special!!!!Grrrrr really fucks me off so many folk who slag him off...wonder how many of ya are gonna start bitchin about cal n any other brit that goes gp n not quite make the grade eh!!!!! I guess your just jealous coz he IS a british hero in many peoples eyes!!!! RANT OVER phhheeew!!

Reply to this Topic
minimilo

Nov 06

minimilo says:

Silky600

Motorbike racing is not my professional job tw*t.  Therefore he will be better than I would ever be. I don't have balls to do it myself. I am stating my view as we are allowed to do here.

He just wasn't as good as others.  So go fuck off and put ya 52 PJ's on and kiss ya mummy goodnight.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

I would just say that Nori would have run jt real close (if not won the title) in 04 if it werent for several mechanical breakdowns with his 999 due to being in a substandard team, a ride which he had to take to get himself back into WSB after a disastrous season in Motogp on that hopeless Aprilia RS3 cube thing 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

A TRUE CHAMPION

James Toseland Has been a fantastic wsb champion and i have followed his career since he rode in bsb. He has always rode  hard but fair with a considarable amount of talent and thougherly deserved his two wsb championships and a crack at motogp. I think given more time in motogp he would have done even better than  he did. A true champion in every sense of the word.I wish him all the best for the future 

REALLY  A TRUE CHAMPION AND TOP BLOKE   

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

minimilo

I was a critic of Toseland at times but his MotoGP results in his first year were consistently better than what Crutchlow is doing now, so give the guy some credit where its due.

Reply to this Topic
leegee010

Sep 09

leegee010 says:

Unbelievable...

It never ceases to amaze me of the number of d1ckheads on this website... Typical British haters. Personally I'm sad to see today's news on JT.... Great rider and all round nice bloke. Good luck with whatever you do from here.

Reply to this Topic
tockie

Aug 10

tockie says:

I was hoping he'd bounce back from this injury but sadly not, I'm sure there has been an incredible amount of soul searching behind this decision. All the best for the future James.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

JT

Yeh,I always thought he gave 100% and was good to watch. I agree his titles weren`t easy. They seldom are. Its a shame for the lad. I think he still had a few years left. If JT is daft enough to read this forum, then I hope he doesn`t overlook the fact that the only posters who`ve slagged him off, co-incidentally can`t spell and seem to have difficulty with a full sentence. I`m sure he`ll draw his own conclusions there! Cheers JT.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

He deserved better

IMO JT deserved better than a privateer ride in WSB and such an undistinguished end to his racing career. He was a double World Superbike Champion, on different makes of bike - something neither Foggy or Bayliss managed. He was less of a natural talent and more bloody minded grafter - more Rainey than Schwantz - but still fearsome fast and a true gent. I wish him well in whatever he does now. Hopefully he will stay involved in racing as I feel he could make a valuable contribution.

Reply to this Topic
trackdayking

Mar 09

trackdayking says:

Gutted for JT met him a few time's and he's a great bloke, were hoping for a bsb return and title win! all the best! something tells me we will see him in the paddock poss team owner/commentator

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle