Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dave Tuplin

Aug 02

Dave Tuplin says:

Luck

Nobody "lucks" a championship that last about 8 months, you have to be in contention race in and race out, never mind winning two championships. I thought his debut in MotoGP was pretty respectable but over that winter and into the second season he wasn't the same and by his standards and our media fuelled expectations his results were relatively disappointing. You can't knock the lad for trying though and I have no doubt he will be roped into a wealth of media jobs.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

World Champion

sorry news JT, you have provided incredible races, brilliants overtakes, awesome slides (Valencia 2007)spectacular crashes and two world titles.

Thank you for bringing so much excitement to race tracks, now go bring excitement to some of your female fans :p

Top bloke, hope you stay involved in racing and bringing through younger talent.
Cheers JT

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

gutted !

I really wanted jt to return to full fitness and to continue his form into bsb next season,as i think he could of showed us his real level of ability ,but he has had a truly "blessed" time in wsb and opportunities in moto gp others dream of,he knows when it's time that a win is no longer possible and i'm sure he will remember that day in '09 that he knew it was over ,and now is as good a time as it was then,he has earned a fortune and he is a young man with all the time in the world to enjoy it ,bye 52 .

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Well Done JT

JT thanks for the races, edge of the seat stuff sometimes, we couldn't believe the that race for the WSB crown against Laconi great stuff.

Good to see you give it a go in Moto Gp, the first season was great.  But the big off in practice...I think was the career changer, still you kept on going and trying your best, that's all that you can do.

Hope to hear or see you on the box in the near from a pair of yorkshire tikes living across the pond.

Cheers James Toseland.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

What a great career a great talent will miss you loved watching your style and commitment sorry you have to end it this way.

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

JT-52

You will be very much missed JT, I first saw you racing in the CB500 cup at a BEMSEE Brands meeting , I went home and told my missus I had just seen a future world champion, you proved me right twice. Thank you JT and very best wishes for the future.

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

Sad news

So sorry to hear of that. I do hope that he does not disappear from the industry all together as I think he is a great ambassador for the sport.

Reply to this Topic
spiller1000

Sep 09

spiller1000 says:

shame

never really been a big fan of jt , however all the knockers on here need to remember he is a class act 2 world championships he wasnt given them , every1 seems to mention that moto gp broke him,  never mind all the good things hes done ,,,   regards all

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

The first time i saw JT he was riding the GP circuit at Brands (SS 600). Some of the moves he made during the race were incredible. I knew then we were looking at a future star. His rides in MotoGp helped bring our sport to more peoples attention, 2 SBK WC's and a host of fantastic rides all add up to a great career. Thanks '52',  all the very best in the future.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

Sad to hear this but only james can say when its time to quite and what thing to have to do.

A good racer and one of the top Brits it has to be said.

The memory that will allways stay with me was the look on knob head David Tardozies face when JT won his second WSB Tital  Price less, He deffinatley wanted his team mate Laconi  to win the tital.

Good luck JT with what ever you go on to do

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices