Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LEO61

Aug 08

LEO61 says:

Jimmy T

What a shame. I wish him all the best for the future.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

best moment

of his career certainly had to be when he had Suzi Perry lying on top of his piano, lucky bastard. I'd give a career ending injury for that. Seriously though a shame that it had to end early but it was a good career and all the best for his future.

Reply to this Topic
ameg2808

May 08

ameg2808 says:

leecho

there is a jewish saying. If six men tell you that you look ill, lay down. Time to lay down leecho

take care JT enjoy the dosh you rightfully earned providing us with entertainment over the years. Shame it had to end with an injury.

Reply to this Topic
WAK463

Feb 03

WAK463 says:

Thanks for the memories JT

I was lucky enough to be at Magny Cours when he won his first WSBK title in Laconi's back yard, what a great day to be a Brit in France.  Also made it to Brands Hatch to see him get his double win and kick Bayliss's arse. Awesome day. Footage of him on the Winston Ten Kate Honda drifting around the final corner at Valencia before electronics took over, was pretty special too. Met him at the NEC Bike Show a few years ago, top bloke.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

does this also mean

The end of the piano or the beginning ? and will he qualify for a free motability car and a blue euro valid parking badge,he's as entitled as anyone else be fair,ciou Jay Tee !

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

A loss to racing, I'll always remember James as a real racer, up there with Bayliss, all elbows out and never afraid to stick it up the inside to make a pass. You never heard him spitting his dummy and moaning like your stoners and pedrosas he just got on with it in a very British way, good on the lad, nobody can ever take those two World Championships away from you lad, all the best for the future, and i hope we still see you around the paddock..

Stu.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Sorry to hear this. No-one wants a career to end to injury. I, for one, will be sorry to see a battling Brit retire and a total gentleman too. You had an opportunity that some of us can only dream of and you achieved world champion status twice. I hope the injury doesn't stop you playing the piano, as it's your other love.

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

How about a tribute article MCN?

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Disability ?

Surely this should be 'inability ' ?

Reply to this Topic
bikerjude

Aug 02

bikerjude says:

JT's retirement

Wanted to add another post to get rid of the stupid comment about JT's inability, rather than disability.  Bet that bloke hasn't won 2 world championships.  That's 3 of the best WSBK riders who have had to retire due to injury in recent times.  Foggy, Hodgson and now Toseland.  At least they are all well enough for a life outside of racing, but it's a loss to us all who loved watching them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices