Skip to content

Discuss This Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Disability forces Toseland’s racing retirement

Double World Superbike Champion, James Toseland is retiring from professional motorcycle racing with immediate effect following a visit to Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mike Hayton, yesterday. The visit confirmed Toseland’s worst fears that the damage sustained to his right wrist during a testing crash at Aragon earlier this year is irreparable and no amount of physiotherapy can repair the injury. The crash...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 September 2011 10:16)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

sad end

im a little on the he is a bit arrogant but there aint no getting away from his last wsb title was utter class i always thought the 1st title was very fortunate and wasnt exactly a tooth and nail yr for james but to say the ten kate ride was good is an understatement he was utter class on that bike it was awsome to watch him ring that bikes nek i defo think his move to gp was a great opertunity he had to take but he must of thought fuk iv made a cock up here should of stayed in wsb and defended my title im sure he would of won a third title no worries he was head and shoulders above everyone will miss james but he wasnt geting the best bikes he must of sat with family and friends and asked the same questions look am i going to be competitive do i risk it awnser no come away a double champ respected in the race world and look at new opertunites in tv or even music he got plenty of talent anyway james all the best mate

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Ben52

What can I say,I didn't see this coming did I ? "much"

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Ben 52

Its not as if he was doing well before his injury , unlike true past champions who were winning before their last accident ( Rainey, Foggy et al ) The fact is JT had not performed well since  his last WSB title.

Mind you as is normal for him at least hes got himself a reason to retire, or should that be before he was pushed ?

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

2 x wsbk champion

Enough said!

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Gray

I agree with you on that one, admittedly he wasnt setting WSBK on fire, as for reason to retire, staying at home with Katie Melua is a pretty bloody good one!

Reply to this Topic
Frieda

Jul 07

Frieda says:

They forgot to mention...

that JT is also a working musician, and his wrist injury may affect his ability to play piano as professionally as he did- double the damage...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle