Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will EU anti-tampering measures affect you? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Will EU anti-tampering measures affect you?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will EU anti-tampering measures affect you?

European Commission plans for anti-tampering measures mean that tuning will become impossible and even home servicing will be hampered. All new bikes will get so-called on-board diagnostic (OBD) systems which could detect non-standard parts and trigger a warning light until the ‘fault’ is rectified by a dealer. One aim is to prevent any modification to the ‘powertrain’ which could include anything from...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (09 September 2011 15:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

We will not stand for this

I'll be out on the Sept 25th go-slow protest and would urge as many as possible to take part.

They're trying to push us slowly off the road and out of existence.

WE WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MORE NONSENSE FROM THE EU!

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

EU

I own a 94 YZF 750, so if its only new bikes affected I should be ok, but what about all the manufactors of brake lines, exhaust, air filters, foot rest and so on are they going to go out of business, they should be kicking up a big stink about this.

Reply to this Topic
duffmeister

Aug 11

duffmeister says:

H M GOVERNMENT e-petition

Folks you all need to sign the H M GOVERNMENT e-petition its on the net plzzzz sign for god sake only 8262 vote at the momemet so pllzzz do sign . i would of put the link up but it wouldnt let me soz .

Reply to this Topic
duffmeister

Aug 11

duffmeister says:

Folks you all need to sign the H M GOVERNMENT e-petition its on the net plzzzz sign for god sake only 8262 vote at the momemet so pllzzz do sign . i would of put the link up but it wouldnt let me soz .

Reply to this Topic
duffmeister

Aug 11

duffmeister says:

Reply to this Topic
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

i dont

think the EU realise what afect this will have for one thing those people who do want to modify there bikes are simply going to keep doing so and itle be back to the days of outlaw bikers ignoring the law and doing what they want as well as all the jobs that will be lost

Reply to this Topic
step1

Aug 08

step1 says:

sorted and signed            http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/       Do it now.

Reply to this Topic
bicster

Dec 04

bicster says:

Disgusting

Spineless, weak, only in it for themselves, follow the USA into an unwinnable war, bow down  to the idiotic EU laws.  Well enough about our Government, what we are looking at here is good and honest companies who pay their taxes going out of business due to some suits sat at their desks trying to justify their jobs by dreaming up ludicrous laws.  More unemployment, get a grip our so called Government and put the Great back into Great Britain.

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

sign the petition

signed it

I can't add anything to what has already been said by everyone here.

All I will say, is if the stupid legislation goes through I will be keeping my bike for as long as possible. This isn't good news because if alot of people do the same then new bike sales will plummet, companies will go bust and jobs will be lost and all because some halfwit in Europe has decided that anti-tampering is a good thing.

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

Well, petition duly signed. For what it's worth.

They have just announced that they don't have time to discuss even the most popular petitions, let alone do anything, so frankly it's not going to achieve anything.

Maybe a mass ride in to the Houses of Parliament might get noticed by the clowns who are running the show ??

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices