Skip to content

Discuss This Haslam re-signs at BMW World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Haslam re-signs at BMW

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Haslam re-signs at BMW

Leon Haslam will stay at BMW for 2012 after extending his contract with the the factory WSB team. Haslam joined Troy Corser at the team at the start of 2011 after a good season which saw him finish second to Max Biaggi with the Alstare Suzuki team. Haslam has been unable to match the success he had last year and is currently...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 September 2011 15:34)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Money talks...!

U know he's been offered a fat packet to stay there. They better sort that ride out cause don't wanna see Leon slipping down the 'rider kudos league' cause of a shit bike. Come on BM - sort your shit out!!

Reply to this Topic
mydogben

Aug 02

mydogben says:

mattleon

I agree with you mate, however, i dont think Leon or indeed his Dad are daft. I dont think he'd sign purely for cash alone. I would hazard a guess that there are things or people in place for next season that has helped sway his decision. Fingers crossed we see him up there again next year.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

i agree "kerching"

But at the end of the day how many factories are there left in the championship and bmw have to be as financialy soundas any right now,still time to sort moto gp and wsb into one good series if you ask me

Reply to this Topic
bailbath

Mar 09

bailbath says:

supergp

No way keep them separate I love wsbk and like motogp. if one had to go I would choose motogp to go.

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

Just hope BMW can provide a decent bike, they have let the riders down this season with an uncompetitive bike . With Leon, corser and toseland (admittedly injured) all running down the field or crashing out. Although there on paper will be less factory competition on paper in reality ducati and yamaha will be factory in all but name.

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Hmm...

I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. It's good for BMW anyhow.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Corser?

The guy is still an awesome rider, ex champ and winner, but surely both he and BMW must be thinking green pastures and long lay-ins...

Reply to this Topic
Maxxgas

Dec 10

Maxxgas says:

corser?

He is no older than biaggi and checa, those guys aren't considered too old. think corser has been weighed down with doing the lions share of development work. Best thing BMW can do is to give up on their own electronics and buy a electronics package the same as most of the grid do. What a frustrating bike that BMW is, its a world leading superstocker but can't do the business as a superbike.

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

bmw

these guys need to listen to Haslam and Corser, they both can set the bike up...no worries there.  whether Corser will re-sign remains to be seen, but he's been busted up on more than one occasion.  I did hear that there have been communication problems with the team and riders e.g bmw not listening to the riders Steve Martin passed a comment over here on Speed TV, that Haslam had been banging his head against a brick wall trying to get the tech boys and management to understand what is required from the riders perspective.  I hope Haslam gets all the support he needs next season or it's another season wasted for a rider who has so far under achieved in WSBK IMO.

Best of luck Leon...your going to need it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle