Skip to content

Ask an Expert Insurance forms Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Insurance forms

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Aug 11

Posts: 7

jackiek says:

Insurance forms

:wacko:ok, this is probably going to make me sound very dense, but here goes. Just took my and got my CBT today. I have been looking in and filling in forms and I am getting confused on the licence type part. I have been putting Full car licence, which I have had for 22 years.  But someone else told me I should be putting UK provisional. They have also told me I need to arrange to have motorcylce provisional put on my car licence, But surely my full car one provides this!
So basically should i put Full car licence,  or provisional licence, or are they they same. Don't want to make a mistake and end up uninsured.

many thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 September 2011 21:42)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Aug 09

Posts: 2705

MarcusMarsh says:


You need to declare the licence type you hold for the vehicle you are insuring.  If you are insuring your car you have a full licence - if you are insuring your bike you have a provisional. 

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices