Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Streetfighter 848 promises sub £10k price New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati Streetfighter 848 promises sub £10k price

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Ducati Streetfighter 848 promises sub £10k price

Ducati is pitching its new Streetfighter 848 into a less expensive and more fiercely fought sector of the naked bike market with a new model that will cost less than £10,000 in the UK. The current Streetfighter is only available in ultra-expensive 1099cc V-twin form with the cheapest model starting at £12,095 and rising to a whopping £14,695 for the higher-specification...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (12 September 2011 09:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WIDEGRIP

May 06

WIDEGRIP says:

What an ugly bike, they have lost the plot under 10K for a naked are they having a laugh !!! and why do they insist on mounting two pipes in parralel, makes it crap if you need to carry a passenger and or luggage, bring back the old monster !!!

Reply to this Topic
BigHeartedTone

Sep 11

ABS

Any chance of it coming with ABS?

Reply to this Topic
lewi103

Feb 11

lewi103 says:

OOFT

I think it looks awesome! If you want to take luggage or a passenger buy something else, this is a streetfighter not a two up tourer! As for the price 10k is a lot but just a sign of the times...relatively speaking it's pretty cheap for a fully charged naked ducati.

Reply to this Topic
baytriple

Sep 11

baytriple says:

So it will be £9995 then? I think its a great looking bike for sure. ABS would be also very nice for this bike. I wish people would get over this all in one bike theory. Its built for one task. It can be used as a tourer as you can sit on it for hours if you like but its not designed for that function. 

I have a Street Triple R and although I am excited by this bike and would like to own one. For 10k (maybe 11.5k) you could pick up a Multistarada 1200s and this would give you lots of versatility. I'm just speaking from my own needs, how many Streetfighter bikes can you own in one garage?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

i agree with baytriple. if abs is an option, this bike will prob end up in my garage. like the triumphs (speedy and 675) but not as much leg room as the streetfighter. and no abs on the 675. i know it won't do absolutely everything like a multistrada, but i'd pick up a used v-strom or something if the urge to tour more than 4 hours from home becomes too strong. and over here, even a speed triple is pushing 13k with abs. now, if triumph got wise and offered a 675 with abs for under 10k.... i might find some new rearsets to help the legroom

Reply to this Topic
rumbler

Apr 03

rumbler says:

Not competing with the Street Triple on price then, more like the Speed Triple for price and power. Does this announcement mean an 848 version of the Multistrada is on the way?

Reply to this Topic
thehoss

Dec 10

thehoss says:

price

I was hoping for a figure of more like 9k, especially considering the price difference between the full fat streetfighter and an 1198. I think it looks awesome though, hopefully it rides as good as the 848

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Hell,what's the diff?.......

Well done DUCATI,nice bike,shame it looks like the 1098 S.F!!:huh: Don't get me wrong nowt wrong with the design,brilliant,but why are people wetting their kecks,over it?:unsure: Mmmm,must be something hidden i can't see,me wonders?:blink: No,can't see any difference,oh well i'm sure people with more money than brain cells will just `HAVE TO HAVE ONE',to go with my yellow Ferrari darling!!!:sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
baytriple

Sep 11

baytriple says:

Price

Apparently its 12590 Euros in Italy, which would make it £10900 here. I guess there is a slightly different rice for the UK as this is the same RRP as the 848 EVO

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices