Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi slams testing restrictions MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi slams testing restrictions

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi slams testing restrictions

Valentino Rossi has slammed the cost-saving testing restrictions in MotoGP because it handicaps a factory from trying to develop a better bike too severely. The winter testing schedule has been drastically reduced in the face of the global economic crisis and apart from a two-day session immediately after the final race in Valencia, there have been only eight days of testing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 September 2011 10:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Testing restrictions.

Honda is behind all of this its not rocket science MotoGP is ran by them and Dorna bows down to their orders.800cc the six engine rule and the restricting of testing time.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

for the time being I'd be happy with one competitive Ducati, ideally Rossi but failing that Hayden.  I think Ducati need to get more competitive riders on the other bikes before we start worrying how competitive their bikes are.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Wrong Hedgehog

These aren't "new" rules - no one was complaining about Ducati not being able to test whenever they liked last year were they? No one was complaining about Ducati not getting extra test days when Casey was on the bike were they? Surely you don't think Dorna said "well let's cut out the testing days to make it hard for Ducati". And actually the lack of testing days keeps the competition CLOSER. If they had unlimited testing days do you think Ducati would be the only ones testing and Honda and Yamaha bck at the shops playing Xbox? No, they would be testing too. And not only would they be testing and bettering an already better bike and moving further ahead of Ducati, but they could test Ducati right off the map. Honda OWNS race tracks - they could test around the clock if they really wanted to. Ducati nor the CRT teams coming in next year don't have the money to compete with a Honda in terms of testing so the testing restrictions actually evens the playing field in terms of everyone getting the same amount of days testing with their race day riders.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

They all test indefinately they just can't use the guys that they paid to do the best job. that is stupid. But not quite as daft as rawdawg trying to make out that more testing is less fair than less testing because add infinitum the bikes will just get better and better and no one wins.. Brilliant work Rawdawg more testing would make them more competitive no shit sherlock...Of course the alternative of having a poor bike and despite spending 50 million euros including the rider you can do nothing about it is a better solution,.. money well spent.. Motogp despite the cost saving is now a lot more expensive than it was last year.. At least with unlimited testing they could save on test riders.. Bottom line as hedgerow points out is that Ducati are a 1/3rd of the grid and they need a good bike forcing them to test at 85% becuase they can't use their contracted riders is detracting from the sport in a big way only an utter moron could thing that a positive.. Honda have systematically taken away the 990s, the tyre choice, and now testing allowances, any guess what Rossi's three main attributes are..??? Honda are cheating the japanese way..

Reply to this Topic
CottonRunt

Oct 10

CottonRunt says:

Same for everyone

Just get on with it and stop moaning, starting to sound like some body else.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wrong MCN... or Wrong Rawdawg?

Based on this story I said that "Dorna made a decision to cut the testing time"... so MCN got it wrong?

"The winter testing schedule has been drastically reduced in the face of the global economic crisis and apart from a two-day session immediately after the final race in Valencia, there have been only eight days of testing available. The paddock normally visits the Sepang circuit in Malaysia twice before finishing pre-season preparations with a two-night test under the Losail International Circuit floodlights in Qatar."

As I understand it they had limited testing last off-season... they've made it even less this year. But I know you'll correct me if I'm wrong, right?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I know the answer to your question Hardlylean

1: Whinging

2: Falling off

3: Going slow and being a monumental flop at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

Saves money?

I understand the complaint from the perspective that the rule was supposedly concieved to save money... yet the factories have test riders putting in laps on protoype machinery far more often than the factory riders are allowed, where's the cost savings in that?

Whay is anyone surprised that Rossi is frustrated with the current situation? It's a tough scenario and most anyone finding themselves in it would be pissed.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Ah Nostro, but that's enough about your career, this is about testing.. should read 'on a ducati'

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Wether the testing restrictions are due to costs, Honda's influence or global warming the fact is it is the same for everyone. As 'cottonrunt' points out......'get on with it and stop moaning, your'e starting to sound like somebody else'!

It's a shame for the sport/us that Ducatis season has been what it has and i'm sure we all miss Vales post race interviews.......'I am velly velly happyyyyyyy' etc BUT rules is rules. Can't wait to hear something good to come out of the Ducati camp as apposed to constant negatives.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices