Skip to content

Discuss This No pressure to race in Japan, says Dorna boss MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No pressure to race in Japan, says Dorna boss

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No pressure to race in Japan, says Dorna boss

MotoGP bosses have denied putting Valentino Rossi and a host of other top MotoGP riders under immense pressure to travel to the forthcoming Twin Ring Motegi race in Japan. Dorna chief Carmelo Ezpeleta denied insisting that Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo and Casey Stoner attend the October 2 race, despite the trio expressing grave reservations about travelling. Rossi is worried about the safety of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (13 September 2011 10:58)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

http://gizmodo.com/5839670/japans-clearing-away-its-earthquake-wasteland

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Yeah shit ass

Ever heard of Google or "googling". A simple keyword like Fukushima is all you need you dolt!.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

I don't get it

Katoh dies at Suzuka and the track is immediately taken off the calender as being too dangerous, yet Motegi, downwind of a nuclear disaster is deemed O.K. Now Katoh was the one in control of his bike, but no body is in control of the radioactive particles that are still eminating from Fukushima. The race could be switched to Suzuka and the riders told that it might be a bit dangerous if you go into certain bends a bit too fast, or it could be switched to Sugo or it could even be cancelled due to ATOMIC RADIATION.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

milkybars

No need to get agro.  This is the problem with so much stuff online is it's designed to get people worked up - the worst case is presented to get the headlines,  or alternatively it's the government line - it's all ok.  So I'm with laughing gas on this.

It's really hard to find good info.  When you find a report it says, "radiation levels measured as high as" rather than saying the average.   Or they use Becquerel rather than sieverts, the adjusted measurement for harm to the body, which can vary vastly in meaning depending on how they take the measurement and what it is measuring.

From what I've found the exclusion zone is based on an increased cancer risk from exposure for a year raising lifetime cancer likelyhood from 42 to 42.2%.  For five days this would raise it .003%.  And these percentages are thought to be over reality because it's very hard to measure increased risk like that.  Let's say it's worse than the government says(probable) and motegi has levels the same as the exclusion zone (at a square of the distance 60km? it would have to be 9 times worse - admitedly these things aren't as simple as that) .  Then that's something like the risk. They should be careful of where they get their food and water from, injesting stuff is far worse. 

Here's an interesting comparison sheet of radiation levels.  http://xkcd.com/radiation/  Though I'd take the fulushima measurements with a grain of salt.  It's a good approximation of the relative sizes of doses.

What's going on over there is horrific, granted, the industry is dodgy as all hell, particularly in Japan, one of the worst place on earth for it, and I don't like nuclear power at all but at the distances we're talking and, particularly, the exposure levels they'll get in three days it wouldn't stop me going. 

But perhaps with everyone getting so scared they should, for piece of mind, just cancel it anyway.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

JERK

that's what this guys is

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

It's unbelievable how corrupt Dorna and caramelo is do they run the show or does the puppeteer pull his strings be nice to see Caremelo go to the villages in the area around the plant and offer free tickets into the safe areas of course .

Reply to this Topic
motocollect

Apr 06

motocollect says:

'Horizon' - Fukashima report

I wonder If Ezpeleta will be watching 'Horizon' tonight ( Wednesday 14th ), BBC2 at 9pm

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

No matter who or what is said or what is or isn't written on what ever report it is simple, if I rider or team don't want to go then don't go. It is there choice and nobody else's.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Yes SillySauce

Then watch as you get black listed by the Japanese Manufacturers. That means you get nothing to improve your ride. It is not as simple as you put it Sillysause.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Mahindra team says no to Motegi

125cc Mahindra team says no to Motegi although the riders Danny Webb and Marcel Schrotter will go with another new team. Thumbs up!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices