Skip to content

Ask an Expert Best garage in Gloucestershire? Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Best garage in Gloucestershire?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

flakmatt

Aug 11

flakmatt says:

Best garage in Gloucestershire?

Hi Guys

Is anyone from the Gloucestershire? I've gotta get my head gasket done along with back brake seals re-done as well (can see it getting expensive!)

I've used a few garages around Tewkesbury and Ledbury but they are either really expensive or don't get the job done properly. 

Has anyone got any recommendations? :smile

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 September 2011 14:02)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stonysleet

Dec 10

stonysleet says:

Gloucester

To right mate that can be expensive. I know the brakes can be done at Frasers of Gloucester they quoted me £80 three or four years ago for a strip and refit of some Nissin brakes. as for the HG thats going to be a bank braker but depending on the on the bike ring up first. Tredworth MC Bransons in hempstead and hyperbikes near the M5 it might be cheaper to get a ebayed engine thou hope this helps

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

head gasket

what bike?

Top end gasket set for a big jap 4 will cost well over £100 to buy, thats without labour charges to fit it. 

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Best garage in Gloucestershire?

Tim Hyett motorcycles in Cheltenham always gets good reports - independent Ducati trained mechanic, cheaper than a main stealer.

Reply to this Topic
flakmatt

Aug 11

flakmatt says:

Is it head gasket

Thanks for all the replies :smile

After some thinking and actually looking at the leaks I don't think it is the head gasket. Here's two pictures of them, if anyone could tell me the cause of these I would really appreciate it and you would be awesome :biggrin:

Oh its a Bandit GSF 600 :smile

(when the site lets me upload >.< )

Thanks 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. IMAG0253  
  2. IMAG0255  
Reply to this Topic
stonysleet

Dec 10

stonysleet says:

head gasket

With the picture that does not look like a problem with the gasket if it was there would be a lot more of a oil leak espessially on the gasket line which is shown on your picture 255 it is the dark line that runs the whole way around the cylinder head hence the name. You would be buning oil and re-filling constantly/alot and the bike may be over heating or at least running hotter than usual

The discolouration on the pic 255 could be a burnt on oil from a dribble when filling it looks like a oil filler cap in this pic

Also it could be the O ring that has deteriated and slightly leaked it looks a bit parched try and clean the stain as best as possible Muc Off may work well and replace the O ring and see if that clears it up it might pay to replace the cap as well all in all about £20

As with pic 253 oil will only leak from a dodgy joint I personally can not see a joint. So clean it up as best as possible keep an eye on it. It may of been picked up from the road or unfortunate spillage when topping the oil up or from servicing

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

oil leak

1st pic shows head gasket, suzuki use cylinder stud holes as oilways so it looks like o ring is leaking,might get away with re-torqueing head, depends if o rings have gone hard, they wont seal if they have and will have to be changed .

2nd pic is cam cover bolt try a dab of gasket sealer on rubber, don't over tighten. 

Reply to this Topic
flakmatt

Aug 11

flakmatt says:

To the garage

Thanks for all your help. Glad it isn't the gasket and hopefully a cheapish fix :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices