Skip to content

Discuss This Dani Pedrosa shrugs off HRC criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dani Pedrosa shrugs off HRC criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dani Pedrosa shrugs off HRC criticism

Dani Pedrosa has dismissed shock criticism from senior Honda management, who believe the Spaniard played a major role in the incident that destroyed his 2011 MotoGP world title hopes. Pedrosa broke his right collarbone and missed three races after he was involved in a controversial collision with fellow factory Honda rider Marco Simoncelli in Le Mans. Simoncelli’s tactics were crucified for being...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 September 2011 09:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nostro...

OK... what happened in 2009?... only 2 DNFs... no injury that stopped him racing... factory Honda... 2 wins, 3rd in the championship & more than a race win to 2nd... was it bad luck that Rossi was with Yamaha?... 2008 only one race off injured but still 3rd & still the bad luck to be racing in the same era as Rossi... 2007, a gargantuan gap back to him in 2nd, & his major bit of bad luck?... Stoner on the Ducati.

Or could his bad luck be down to the fact that every year since 2005 he's suffered a fracture or trauma due to crashing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dani_Pedrosa#Injuries

He's the only rider of present times for whom wiki has a subsection for injuries.

"What and Stoner and Lorenzo have never broken bones or had a debilitating illness?"

Sure & it's cost them championships... if Stoner was sick all the time you'd be asking if he wasn't in the wrong profession... or at least their teams would.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Not sure where you're going with this

But I certainly wouldn't place too much store in Wikipedia.

If you're suggesting to me that Pedrosa has had his time at HRC and despite never finishing out of the top three in constantly injury plagued seasons (racing injured also Hedgy) then that's a far bolder call than I'd be prepared to make. Like Bob says that'll make the field a two horse race.

There's a lot of stars that need to be aligned for a title to come off in the present company. In the years 2007-2009 the Honda was the current day Ducati - perhaps worse (down on power, last onto the 'stones, Showa suspension and in house electronics that did not make it a very user friendly machine to ride). Very close but not good enough. Dani still won though, unlike someone I could mention......

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

If i were Dani then i'd 'shrug off' Nakamotos views also. The boss has had a moan, big deal, happens to most of us occassionally. Dani may never win a Championship but he brings money with him, he's always at the front or thereabouts (giving good coverage for sponsors etc) and could 'possibly' come back to haunt HRC if he was released.

Take it on your 'glass' chin Dani ;) and crack on.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nostro...

If we go back to the start Bob said...

"To criticise a rider who has been a regular winner in such a small group of riders in the last several years is a little biased to say the least."

Well he's not a regular winner & as we've seen he's wide open to criticism.

"If you're suggesting to me that Pedrosa has had his time at HRC and despite never finishing out of the top three in constantly injury plagued seasons (racing injured also Hedgy) then that's a far bolder call than I'd be prepared to make."

No, but Honda might be, considering his closest title challenge in 6 years was almost 3 race wins down on the champion (that's race wins to DNFs by the champ) on a bike that Honda certainly would like to think has been the best bike on the grid & well capable of winning championships in the right hands... as Casey's proving.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Hedgeflog, you are getting particular to make yourself feel better.

If Dani is no regular winner, then the alien group has suddenly become a group of just two! Is that what you think?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nostro & Bob...

You both seem quick to put words in my mouth & second guess my thoughts.

"If you're suggesting to me that..."

"Is that what you think?"

No... I think I summarised what I think quite adequately in my last post. I don't think expanding it further would serve any purpose. If you have any issue with what I've actually said, rather than trying to twist my words into saying something I haven't for the sake of an argument (a trait you share with my wife at certain times of the month), then please raise it, otherwise we may agree to disagree.

Reply to this Topic
Commando828

Feb 09

Commando828 says:

The bike

There is a lot of people wondering why he didn't do better. If they followed 07-10, the bike was woeful, and only started to come good half way through 2010.

Possibly only Stoner and Hailwood would have been able to ride round the problems? (I mention those two as being able to ride beasts; Duke 800 and 500 Honda.) This is a special ability beyond the already mega abilities of Rossi etc.

Can 'Stop being a c#nt' stop being a c#nt; his bog wall humour doesn't encourage women and young kids to read these posts- mind you the bitching that goes on  - it hardly encourages anyone to contribute- thanks to those who make sense with some facts.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

Nakamoto knows

Exactly what went on and who is to carry what blame. 

Simoncelli was set up as the fall guy by the media and you lot bought it hook line and sinker.

Dani has now had the Boss deliver his verdict and had it all laid squarely back on him for really poor decision making during the race.

Still hasn't explained why he stood the bike up thus riding INTO Simo.

Well maybe if he rode as fast or faster than Lorenzo in the last race I might give him some slack, but he didn't, he is cruising, give the ride to someone who will race it.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

kgb333

The media here in Oz (what little there is that talks about it) called it a racing incident and didn't blame simo, which is an opinion I disagreed with (or perhaps it was a hook, line and sinker I decided not to swallow - please tell me how you tell the difference?).  Personally I make up my own mind about it by watching the videos and I see Simo making a stupid move.

I disagree that he's not racing it.  A lot of people seem to take any opportunity they can to be down on Pedrosa and yet he's been quicker than the others on a few tracks this season and won two races.  Even if we assume he hasn't been 'racing it' why give the ride to someone else who will 'race it' but still be slower and win nothing.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

mike2265

Pedrosa is quick and a good racer. He just needs to be that all the time. So this is why I do get a bit annoyed by his performances.

As for the media, it is more those over here in the Motherland seem to follow the media comment as gospel.

I haven't seen the "incident" for a while now, from memory however when it happened the media repetitively showed a particular angle in slow motion which made it look like Simoncelli was some Dark Lord of evil riding, however when watched in the reverse angle in real time it was so quick and there was room to move and then Dani stood the bike up (I still don't get that part). Its not Simoncell wiped his nose off by riding like a novice, there was a previous pass so Dani knew he was there and knew it was on.  So this is why Dani is not as blameles as he would have us all think.

Anyway as I said in previous post, the his boss has spoken and he isn't anyones fool.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices