Skip to content

Discuss This New 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets traction control New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets traction control

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets traction control

This is the new 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 which has six-stage traction control and a mid-life redesign. Images have leaked a few hours before Yamaha’s official announcement later today and MCN will bring full details later on this afternoon. The R1 is still instantly recognisable; Yamaha is holding back on a radical redesign for at least another two years according to company...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 September 2011 10:45)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Low R&D at Yamaha

Still fugly!

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

no ABS ?

why Yamaha ?

Reply to this Topic
silverh

Oct 05

silverh says:

So the slowest heaviest, poorest handling 1000 gets traction control and some makeup.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

WHEN R1 GOING TO LEARN???

When are these bike manufacturers EVER going to learn!!? What have they between their ears......COAGULATED OIL??? :mad:Why in the name of all that is good have YAMAHA,kept that hideous exhaust system?:blink: Why have they not gone the M1 factory route and placed a nice stubby exhaust under the fairing for goodness sakes??? I suppose the bike'll cost another £500 next year because it has an `inspired factory look top yoke',traction control,remapped ECU,LED ights and heat shields? Bullshit!!! AS PER,YAMAHA HAVE LET SLIP ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING MOTO GP REPS ON THE MARKET,YET STILL CHARGE AN EXTORTIONATE OVER INFLATED PRICE FOR IT!!!:shock:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ianmacphotos

Sep 11

ianmacphotos says:

Nice paint, not sure about the rest tho:(

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

Poor..........

Oh dear.....what a total let down. Two more years of over priced/over weight uglyness. And all they do is add traction control??? Surely if you owned a current R1 and wanted a TCS you'd just go out a fit a Bazazz style system for £800, which would probably work better anyway???...........

Reply to this Topic
shane3003

Nov 10

shane3003 says:

A little unfair?

I think most of these comments are unfair to Yamaha. Firstly we don't know the exact details of the revised YZF-R1 only these leaked details. You don't know if Yamaha UK will put the prices up on their range. Yes they are the more expensive brand in the motorcycle world, but they are a premium brand of motorcycle. The quality and reliability is second to none, and the parts back up is excellent.

Also if you was to go into most showrooms there are great deals to be had, rather then the advertised list prices and that is across most brands.

If you don't like the look of the YZF-R1, then buy a different bike. Surely that is why there are different manufacturers to choose from?  How many of you are looking into buying the latest 1000cc sports bike?

I personally don't own a Yamaha or a 1000cc sports bike but I just think we're being a little to criticising, but that is my opinion.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

sort of related...

I've had three tyres go this year...one front (nasty) and two rear (better). Both following short runs at high speed. Tire valves every time. Not saying it's a Yam problem. Am saying never happened with my Hondas

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Clarification: on a 2010 R1

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

I must be aesthetically challenged then, I actually quite like the look of the R1. The current model in black looks incredibly evil.

If the changes truly do improve the low/mid range, it will address a lot of the complaints that people have about R1 power delivery. I've only ridden one for 30 minutes, but I can say that you can't exactly call it a bad bike..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices