Skip to content

Discuss This New 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets traction control New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets traction control

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 gets traction control

This is the new 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 which has six-stage traction control and a mid-life redesign. Images have leaked a few hours before Yamaha’s official announcement later today and MCN will bring full details later on this afternoon. The R1 is still instantly recognisable; Yamaha is holding back on a radical redesign for at least another two years according to company...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 September 2011 10:45)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

2012 R1

Wish they'd do something with that underseat exhaust, like get rid of it, looks so fussy/busy at the rear. You can make a nice looking side exhaust, look at the BMW S1000RR, the can looks great on that.

Reply to this Topic
CottonRunt

Oct 10

CottonRunt says:

Needs more

Great bike, bit of a fat arse though, I'll be waiting for the updated version in a couple of years

Reply to this Topic
blzebub

Aug 09

blzebub says:

Agree a bit lardy at the rear,  but looks fantastic in those colours,  I take it the way the TC works won't stop you from hoisting the odd wheelie as the front wheel will not be travelling as fast as the rear (like I could wheelie an R1 anyway!!!) 

Reply to this Topic
kinshukarya

Sep 11

kinshukarya says:

i have always loved the way the 09 r1 looks..... and this colour scheme has just made it more killer......

there must be a switch to turn off the TC whenever you want to go for a wheelie or a burnout.....

btw can traction control be installed in the 09-11 models?

Reply to this Topic
iandrobinson

Jan 05

iandrobinson says:

Might be better performance....and somewhat heavier - but looks wise, not a patch on my black 06.

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Ugly

Still looks very ugly and fat. The earlier models were a classic, beautiful design. No new model for 2 years. Shows how much demand for litre bikes globally have dropped.

Reply to this Topic
Rsix

Sep 07

Rsix says:

kinshukarya

Yes. You can get plug and play tc systems such as Bazazz which are awesome. £650 for traction control , engine mapping and quick shifter.....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

How much?

God knows what its going to cost. All Yamahas are ludicrously overpriced already. No wonder they don't have prices on their web site. They wait till you get to your dealer, give you a Vallium, sit you down,then tell you how much!!!

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

SHANE 3003.......I personally am not pulling Yamaha to bits for the sake (no pun intended,SAKE,get it?),never mind,of it,no,but they should give the public what the public pays £14000 for. The R1 should have been designed along the moto-GP route years back,not the WSB same-same look route!!! IT WOULDN'T TAKE A LOT OF RETOOLING OR MONEY AND EXHAUST SIMILAR TO R6 AND OTHER SLIGHT ADJUSTMENTS ALONG WITH WEIGHT LOSS,POWER INCREASE/SPREAD. REDESIGN TANK FAIRING/PANELS WOULD LIFT THIS MODEL INTO THE STRATOSPHERE. Yamaha can't play on the glories of the past,otherwise,others will overtake them and crush them. Remember,yes,they may have a good part/service back up,but YOU pay for it.

Reply to this Topic
bananabiker

Jan 11

bananabiker says:

I used to like the R1

I agree with Stressed1, it needs to loose weight and be smaller. I used to have an R1, i have also owned 2 R6s. This bike is out dated! It should be the cross between lorenzo's machine and an R6 with an updated R1 engine............now that would be cooool. Sort it out yamaha, your lack of progress has led me to order a 2012 Ducati 1199 to replace my current 1098. There are plenty of other yamahas in the range if the buyers do not like road going minimalist track bikes!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices