Skip to content

Discuss This Tech 3 to offer Bradley Smith 2013 MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Tech 3 to offer Bradley Smith 2013 MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Tech 3 to offer Bradley Smith 2013 MotoGP deal

Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal is hoping the offer of a Yamaha MotoGP ride in 2013 will entice British rider Bradley Smith to sign a new Moto2 contract with the French squad. Smith turned down the opportunity to partner compatriot Cal Crutchlow in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad in 2012 after a series of impressive performances in the ultra-competitive Moto2...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 September 2011 11:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rascal32

Dec 03

rascal32 says:

Dont go to Aspar

If he goes to Aspar he will end up with a Spanish team mate who will always have a faster bike just like in 125's

Reply to this Topic
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

No-brainer

Another year on an already "climatised" 600, then progression to one of the strongest privateer teams. Gotta be mad not to think that's a decent idea. Even if it is for a French-man.

Aspar? > The state of the current MotoGP Duke says it all...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Excellent News

I can't wait to see how Bradley gets on, a purebred British GP rider in the top class is something we've not seen for a while. All those in recent times have been immigrants from Superbikes. If he nails 2012 he'll be ready to jump on a MotoGP and my money says he'll do ok.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Looks like 2012 will be crutchlows last year with tech 3 then. If they want Bradley in 2013 hes going to have to replace somebody and whoever replaces Edwards next year is most likely going to get a 2 year contract to run 2012 and 2013 meaning Cal will have to go to make space for Bradley

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Conflicting opinions.....

On the one hand I look at recent history between the Tech 3 MotoGP team and our British lads and think it's not exactly been a fantastically successful match up! IMO the 2nd year for JT virtually destroyed his career! It was definitely the beginning of the end as we now know :(

The light at the end of Cal's tunnel seems ever decreasing too!! It remains to be seen.......

On the other hand, James and Cal were obviously  WSB racers and not brought through the 125 / 250 / Moto2 classes like other MotoGP rookies in their respective seasons or indeed like Brad himself, so it could be a great match! Like wild stuart says, Tech 3 are one of the strongest privateer teams, and Brad could do a lot worse?? And although he didn't quite manage the 125cc WC, he's showing maturity like Rossi did in wanting to win a class before jumping up!!

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

Smith

I feel hes a little over rated, mind you I havent watched much moto 2 of late. I think someone else would make better use of the Tech 3 GP machine.

On and unrelated topic, does anyone know whats going on with Bautista next year?

Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

I've Said It Many Times

Bradley Smith is our best chance; he was a winner in 125 GP's and is doing well in MOTO 2. Experience tells us that winning in the lower GP Classes is the key to MOTO GP success; Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo etc etc.

Best Chance since Fogarty.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah well

that completes a piece of the puzzle that was the 2012 MotoGP ride being declined.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Motogp

I wonder where the next top riders will come from. Moto2 bears little resemblence to motogp unlike 250cc which did have the deep braking high corner speed of motogp . Lorenzo et al will be at the top of their game for a while yet ,I wonder if there are any riders out there who will have the right training?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Kwakasaki23

Sep 11

Kwakasaki23 says:

Smith

has made the right choice to stay in Moto2 for another season.  Would like to see Redding consistantly up the sharp and and looks like he has sorted whatever set up issues he had out, so fingers crossed.

Be nice to see both them in MotoGP for 2013.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices