Skip to content

Discuss This Sports 125 challenge: Is buying a cheap sports 125 a dream or a nightmare? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Sports 125 challenge: Is buying a cheap sports 125 a dream or a nightmare?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Sports 125 challenge: Is buying a cheap sports 125 a dream or a nightmare?

Whether you’re a 17-year-old-yoof or a 47-year-old-dad the dilemma’s the same: which learner sports 125 should you go for when on a budget? Sports 125s are the most popular choice for learners for their mix of image, fun and manageability, but few are lucky enough to have £4000 or more to buy the latest and greatest examples new. So what do you...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 September 2011 12:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

I loved the series of print articles, but I'm with Adam Child on the cheating mc cheat cheating element.

The whole idea of a bike in this class is that it is learner legal... Having a completely derestricted bike made the whole thing a bit farcical.

I love what happened with the Lexmoto though.. buy cheap, buy twice... ;)

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

chinese

i am currently  riding  a skyjet sj 125 -26   streetfighter style fairing  looks the part    but   i would advise when buying  change the spark plug   to an better 1  as the standard 1 that comes in them burn out very easily   ( i found out the hard way)    but other than that they are great bikes and sound great too

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

reply from lexmoto?

How about an explanation / inquest into to premature death of the lexmoto? I for one really want to know WHY it blew up???

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

back it up

chinese motorcyle exhaust nuts fall off very easy    VERY EASY  as ive just found out

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

How is the Lexmoto like a CBR?

It's got the 156/157FMI air cooled pushrod lump cloned from the GC125.  Charitably, that'll make 11bhp if you put in an NGK plug and run it in properly - which doesn't mean grannying it, but does mean on-and-off the throttle and at least one early oil change.

If you choose to rag it from new trying to keep up with faster bikes and don't do a couple of (very) early oil changes, you should expect it to let go.  It's really a slow commuter bike in high heels.

Of course, Lexmoto don't sell it as such and it's likely to be bought as a Kiddie-Go-Kwikmobile by daft teens, but a grown up should know better.

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

I agree

couldnt agree more

Reply to this Topic
BT141

Aug 12

BT141 says:

abrupt finish..?

don't know if this is me being an idiot, but the article stops after Trevor talks about why he chose the Aprilia... there's no challenge/conclusion bit?

Reply to this Topic
des21

Sep 13

des21 says:

I have the xtrs 125 I look after it well and don't screw it but it does keep up with the other 125 around including a local boy on his new cbr which he has had to replace the engine already

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle