Skip to content

Discuss This Provisional 2012 MotoGP calendar released MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Provisional 2012 MotoGP calendar released

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Provisional 2012 MotoGP calendar released

The first 1000cc MotoGP clash will take place under the Losail International Circuit floodlights in Qatar on April 15 after a provisional 2012 calendar was released today. Next year’s world championship is scheduled to be run over 18 races again, though no contract is in place yet for the Spanish round in Jerez, the Portuguese round in Estoril and the German...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 September 2011 12:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wild_stuart

Sep 02

wild_stuart says:

Pedantic..

..but it's not strictly "The first 1000cc MotoGP clash..."

More like, "The first race of 2012 with the re-introduced 1000cc spec. machines"

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

whoopy

At last...a sensible race calender....makes sense...saves money...

silverstones back to june though..

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Only 4 Spanish rounds?

I won't be watching, I wanted to see 5 Spanish rounds in the season with the deletion of all the good tracks especially Phillip Island and Assen. Dorna have lost another valued customer.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wild Stuart...

Pedantic I know but not strictly "The first race of 2012 with the re-introduced 1000cc spec. machines" 'cos the 1000cc bikes of the past you're referring to were actually limited to 990cc... hey, you started it!

:tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

!!!

I've just tried to post (on another story) nearly exactly this idea (grouping the races per continent) to save money for the sattelite teams, but my post got timed out!!

Agree Leemuz - Sensible cashwise, doesn't really matter when the UK round is though? It could at any time, and probably will pi$$ it down! :(

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Be careful what you wish for Jamie, a few races are a long way from certain.. Last we need is less races.. Here's hoping the Qatar contract runs out sooner rather than later, it's shyte, the bikes look shiny, but after a winter off it tells you little about everyones real performance.. Then they go and waste 2 of the very few test days they have purely for a single race.. If they used the same analysis for the whole season the teams would have some 36 test days... Not money well spent..but would welcome the extra testing. Expect new races next year in Vladivostok, American owned Libya, Columbia and Angola as Dorna continue to chase the money.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I agree.

The Qatar event needs to be taken off the calendar no one goes to that event hopefully in future season calendars they bring back the Spanish GP as the first event like it used to be back in the 990 days.

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

5 Spanish rounds (ok, Portugal but 5 rounds within 5 hours drive of Madrid)

They need to get rid of at least 3 rounds. I vote Indy, Aragon and Qatar.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Maybe tightened up the continents a bit; but Laguna and Indy 3 weeks apart is of little or no use to the teams or fans.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

it's now appearing to be a calendar with some thought having gone into it.  the worry is for the future, with the Austin and Argentina GPs to fit in for '13, and others banging on the door to host races - are we going down the F1 route of more races and a longer calendar?  i agree that the likes of Qatar and Indy wouldn't be missed (sadly they've extended to 2016 and 2014), and maybe Valencia (2016).  surely Spain has to lose at least one race soon?  most of the current circuits have contracts through to between 2013 and 2016, so there is scope for changes, but it's going to take time.

at least we have to be thankful that's it's beginning to look more like a World Championship once more ...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices