Skip to content

Discuss This Staff bikes: BMW K1600GT - Turning up the volume First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Staff bikes: BMW K1600GT - Turning up the volume

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Relph  says:

Staff bikes: BMW K1600GT - Turning up the volume

I recently picked up the first pair of Remus Hexacone slip on silencers in the country (www.performanceparts-ltd.com) to go on the BMW K1600GT and decided it might be fun to time just how long it takes the remove the old and fit the new. The titanium silencers have a carbon outlet, and are road legal with removable baffles – all...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (14 September 2011 13:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fantic50

Feb 12

fantic50 says:

noisy cans

I'm not normally one of these loud can man, they give me a headache, but they cn be a saftey thing. I uasually prefer a shiny pipe. motorcycles should be quite and civilized. Anything louder than my Nissan micra 1.1 DCI should be scrapped. But in this case, these pipes look lovely, and looks like mr Relph only worked up a little sweat slipping it in. keep it up son.

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

legislation

So, not content with saving weight and a "better" sounding but legal exhaust you removed the baffles making the bike illegal to use on the road, and you're going to keep riding it! This rather undermines all the fuss you and your colleagues at Bike are making about "anti-tamper legislation", as many of you seem not to abide by current legislation anyway! I would stop being so hypocritical if I were you. Make your illegal modifications and let's hope that your insurance company throws out any claim or cover you have should you be involved in an accident. Perhaps when you're bankrupt due to legal costs/compensation you might get the message. In the meantime you can just annoy the general public by making too much noise, and wait for yet more legislation that ALL of us have to put up with.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices