Skip to content

Discuss This EU anti-tampering measures would make me a prisoner in my own home General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > EU anti-tampering measures would make me a prisoner in my own home

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

EU anti-tampering measures would make me a prisoner in my own home

I've been riding bikes since the mid '70s and for most of my life my work has been manual labour. After 30 years of this all the heavy lifting rendered me disabled - with two worn vertebrae. I'm unable to sit in cars due to the vertical position and lumbar bars in seats aggravating my condition. I currently ride a '97 Moto...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 September 2011 10:00)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bikefar

May 08

Bikefar says:

EU Legislation

Mr. injured Guzzi rider is right. As I understood it, the EU legislation will prevent adaptations such as fitting of Adventure footpegs and handlebar risers. I'm only 5' 10" which is not particularly tall and riding off-road can be hard on the lower back and wrists without them. I can't see what fitting of such adaptations will affect safety or the environment. It's just the EU being vindictive against motorcyclists.

On 25th September, there's a demo near you! Join one! (see the M.A.G. website).

On the Department for Transport website there's a consulation going on - participate in it!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

anti-tamper

And vote UKIP in the next general election

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

eatcs01

too bloody right I will definately vote ANY party that takes us out of the EU .Any MP who`s pro EU is only interested in a job there with a fat wage n BIG pension not how it bullies good UK citizens !

Reply to this Topic
aboutye

Jan 11

aboutye says:

Bikefar where does it say in the EU legislation say that the fitting of Adventure footpegs and handlebar risers is not permitted?.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices