Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Tiger 800 gets the supermoto treatment New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Tiger 800 gets the supermoto treatment

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Tiger 800 gets the supermoto treatment

This supermoto version of Triumph's Tiger 800 is the latest special to be built by Jack Lilley Triumph of Ashford, Middlesex. It started life as a standard, new Tiger 800 to which Lilley has added a host of custom features. Wheels are 800 XC hubs laced to 17-inch Excel rims, it has a Speed Triple 1050 belly pan and front guard...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (15 September 2011 11:31)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

ugly!

Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! The standard 800 isn't exactly a pretty bike, but this is Frankenstein's monster!

Reply to this Topic
stRickly

Nov 08

stRickly says:

Market Research????

Each to their own I suppose but is there really enough market place for another overpriced crossover concoction?!!

Triumph really seem to be stabbing in the dark to find a market for the Tiger model. FFS, go back to something more like the mk 1 & mk 2 design and leave well alone.

The Tiger could have been so much more - a REAL classic - than just another expensive road bike with an identity crisis. (Think Africa Twin, Tenere/Super Tenere, Elephant, GS, DR Big etc).

Oh well, each to their own!! 

Reply to this Topic
955nsim

Jul 10

955nsim says:

Lets be real !!!

I generally like the jack Lilley specials...but this one looks horrendous,with it's garish colour and mixed up styling.However there is no point criticising Triumph...they haven't made it...just one of their;usually talented; dealers.The Tiger is doing brilliantly at the moment so I've no idea what stRickly is on about?..it just makes no sense! An 800cc street triple/daytona would be superb as would an 800 sprint st or similar,but that's just hoping! Overall though this particular rendering of the Tiger 800 has widely missed the mark..can't see one person who has said they like it..lessons to be learned perhaps??

Reply to this Topic
stRickly

Nov 08

stRickly says:

Fair play

to Triumph if their sales figures are good. Don't/didn't doubt it.

I was of course assuming that Triumph might be somewhat influenced by this respected dealers efforts. From what I remember the Tiger was reborn in the 90's after European (German?) dealer requests for a Dakar style Triumph trail/adventure bike.

Was also speaking/typing GENERALLY about the Tiger - I just don't like how the style has changed and having 2 totally different style variations - concurrently (Tiger 800/800XC & Tiger 1050) just seems irrelevent when there are enough other models in Triumphs range.  

Far too many stylists these days.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices