Skip to content

Discuss This Exotic European superbikes for £6000: 999S v RSV1000R v F4 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Exotic European superbikes for £6000: 999S v RSV1000R v F4

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Exotic European superbikes for £6000: 999S v RSV1000R v F4

Time flies so fast, it's easy to forget these mouthwatering European superbikes are getting on a bit. In your mind's eye it's still easy to think of 'exotica' like the Aprilia RSV1000R, Ducati 999S and MV Agusta F4 750S as dream bikes, completely out of reach of most of us - just like the RSV4R, 1198SP and F4RR are now....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 September 2011 16:26)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

RSV 1000

got one as a minter , looks amazing, sounds fantastic, rides like Shit, compared to my Busa. Still, Im going to lock it away for a few decades and wait till its worth a bit more.

Reply to this Topic
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Hmm...

Maybe one day (when it's a classic) the cost of repairs and maintenance might be overtaken buy its appreciation... keep on dreaming. I'm sure an XJ6 or CBF600 won't break any near as much.

Reply to this Topic
CrazyG

Apr 09

CrazyG says:

Nonsense

@snev I don't know what's up with your RSV but they're fantastic handling bikes; maybe someone has messed about with the suspension settings or it needs new rubber...? Twins tend to be a little harder to lean in than Japanese inline 4s but a lot of it is down to body position, especially if there's too much tension in the arms when you're tipping in.

@Feakster I've put nearly 12k miles on my RSV1000R from buying it new more than 4 years ago. Mechanically and electrically it's still solid as a rock - nothing's ever gone wrong on it.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

crazyG

Its more than likely down to my age and shape rather than the bike to be fair, as mentioned the bike is mint and I meen mint down to the smallest part and also has brand new tyres. The suspension feels hard compared to my Busa which has had work in that area and the RSV is  totally different to ride but I absolutely love it regardless of my previous comment .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices