Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to race aluminium chassis in Aragon MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to race aluminium chassis in Aragon

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to race aluminium chassis in Aragon

Valentino Rossi has confirmed his factory Ducati machine will use an aluminium frame at this weekend’s Motorland Aragon race in Spain after a successful one-day test in Mugello last week. The 32-year-old Italian confirmed he will run the new concept during the pre-event press conference today, where he also ended intense speculation about whether he will boycott the forthcoming Japanese Grand...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 September 2011 19:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

50/50

ok we will see some improvment but the bike wont be on the level of the others until we see it to have a full chasis this is the same jusst a different material which yes will make some diference

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

nothing to lose

It sounds like common sense, im sure the Haters will scoff and pour scorn on it, but they got to try something new to turn the thing around and theres nothing to lose.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

sounds like desperation to me - this is the third different bike of the season, will it be the GP11.2?!  or will it be the first Moto1 bike to have appeared one season early...?

Reply to this Topic
mattyamaha

May 10

mattyamaha says:

proto types

this is what motogp is and should be about   racing on prototypes    so all these new little perks  are all good and  will lead to more data for improvement  forward to create a better  race bike 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

What about Nicky? Oh yeah, i forgot.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

right direction?

Hopefully this will be the start of something more sucessful after the disastrous season so far.
As HighRevs says the bike will obviously not be fast straight away but maybe just maybe they will have something they can improve on over the rest of the season and during winter tests.
Good luck to Ducati and Rossi as they deserve some good fortune for a change and the sooner they sort the bike we can then have 3 bikes or maybe more fighting for the lead!!!! Yippee!!!

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Progress, hopefully.

Also disappointed that it's not a twin spar but I suppose this means they'll be O.K. for engines for the rest of the season? I don't think the stressed member concept is going to be competitive enough against the big boys. Is this decision down to the legendary Ducati stubbornness or will they roll out a conventional chassis next season... Practice should be interesting tomorrrow...

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I can't wait to see how it performs on Sunday but a little disappointed to see it is not a twin spar chassis. As far as Nicky is concerned Ducati can't afford to throw out bikes willy nilly until it is proven so who would you have in charge of development, Nicky Hayden or a 9 time world champ ? Me too. No disrespect to the Kentucky kid though as he is a brilliant rider.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Toby Moody has pics of the alloy 'frame' on his Twitter page.

Not sure if I can post a link on here. Well worth a look IMO...

Reply to this Topic
TeamPunkass

Jan 10

TeamPunkass says:

here it is

http://twitter.com/#!/TobyMoody/status/114382738487906304

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN