Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Aluminium frame only “small improvement’ says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Aluminium frame only “small improvement’ says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Aluminium frame only “small improvement’ says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi admitted the new aluminium chassis fitted on his factory Ducati at the Motorland Aragon today was only a small improvement after he ended a disrupted day of opening practice in eighth position. Desperate to solve a chronic understeer issue and vague front-end feeling with the Desmosedici machine, Rossi ran a new aluminium frame this morning instead of the carbon...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 September 2011 18:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CMB155

Sep 11

CMB155 says:

yeh Eddie

Yeh man its a disgrace this making changes to bikes to try and get them more competitive why not just get a rider for the bike and not do anything. Seriously dude its a development class this isent WSBK. where were the out crys of blody murder when Lorenzo got a new Chasis mid season or when dani changed to a newer spec front fork or should we still be riding the bikes of the 1950s as they worked no point trying to improve them .look back to 2003 the RCV is King the M1 was the pile of shit and now look at the thing its right up there as being the bike to have fact is the Ducati is a pile Stoner was a great rider indeed but from 2007 - 2010 he had one season where the luck involved with pushing the Ducati to the limit to win without a front end crash worked. Rossi and Burgess are changing things at Ducati boo hoo who moaned at HRC last year when they started of with an un ridable bike unstable bike on the streights at Qatar developed into a winner  later on in the year it took them the whole 800cc formula to get that bike right. Stoner is a good rider dont get me wrong but come on Ducati are trying to develop a decent bike capable of winning and if they thought this could be achieved by tweaking a few clicks on adjusters here and there they would still be on the GP11 seen at Valenica last year.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

This whole exercise just goes to prove being different doesn't always pay off. Ducati are puzzling everyone and time is ticking. I hope Rossi doesn't end his 2 years contract with Ducati at the back of the grid

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Rossi has plenty left

Regardless of ducati. Even if they can't turn things around for the new 1000, rossi will still be in demand until he himself decides that enough is enough. Of course I'm hoping the ducati/ Rossi combo can bring winning results given time.

Reply to this Topic
arnold22

Jul 11

arnold22 says:

It's a shame

that we couldn't have the FP2 session today due to electical shortage. This was a strange though, I've been watching/following MotoGP for quite a few years now, and have not heard this happened once, though practice sessions have been cancelled for one reason or the other in the past.

Well, Ducati are certainly putting great effort to give something to Rossi and Hayden to get the result they would like. However, is MCN making a mountain of the practice session in which Rossi rode with the aluminium frame, or did Rossi really say it wasn't a big improvement? Well, I still think, we should see what Rossi has to offer, let's see how this weekend unfolds.

Casey Stoner doesn't have this championship just yet, Lorenzo is still hot on his tail. The gap is still big, but it still leaves no room for mistakes as far as Casey's dream to win the debut Honda-MotoGP title. One crash, and it could all be over.

Good to see Randy making progress.

Arnold

Read MotoGP articles on my personal blog: http://arnold.speedattackers.com
Give Rossi a break! - He hasn't lost it yet.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

Easy

Why doesn't Ducati try a 16" front wheel? Hardly takes a genius to solve understeer.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

New Ducati chassis

VR isn't daft. The last thing he's going to do is to ride the bike for half an hour and then tell the world the revised chassis to be the "big fix" the team has been looking for.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

No, he is!

Just like he wouldn't tell them it's a bucket of shit! Specially with two old bargain basement D16's showing him the way around the track on a zero budget cause of his diva demands eh Johnboy?

18 million Euros,

194 frames,

9834 excuses later,

still no fkn idea!

It's not the bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Lucky

16" front wheel? Bridgestones tyres are 16.5" I think so that's a non-starter.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Rossi vs Preziosi

Looks like Rossi wants them to abandon the stressed member concept and the only way he can do this is by showing the world that it is not competitive. As others have said, Rossi could have kept quiet about using the alloy front end this weekend (bit of black paint - job done) but he's made a song and dance about it which might force Ducati's hand if it flops, which it probably will...

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Bob....

"18 million Euros" - fair point "194 frames" - slight exaggeration but didn't Yamaha get an updated chassis earlier this year? "9834 excuses later" - I wonder how many excuses that is per lap on the Ducati? "still no fkn idea!" - can't blame Rossi for that, as it's been pointed out on here several times he doesn't design the bloody thing! "It's not the bike" - I disagree. It IS the bike. Only Casey has ever been able to ride it, and Ducati forced Casey to look elsewhere for a competitive ride by constantly pushing what most people see now as a flawed design.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle