Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Aluminium frame only “small improvement’ says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Aluminium frame only “small improvement’ says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Aluminium frame only “small improvement’ says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi admitted the new aluminium chassis fitted on his factory Ducati at the Motorland Aragon today was only a small improvement after he ended a disrupted day of opening practice in eighth position. Desperate to solve a chronic understeer issue and vague front-end feeling with the Desmosedici machine, Rossi ran a new aluminium frame this morning instead of the carbon...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 September 2011 18:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Not that ol' chestnut!

Foolagain272, get a new excuse mate! You've certainly worn that one out.

Concentrating on next year? As far as I know, next year runs different bikes so your pisspoor excuse doesn't hold water buddy!

If it were true and I was a fan of Flo, I'd be pretty pissed off that I was watching 1000 or so laps of 'testing' on the off chance he might actually do a spot of 'racing'. Heaven forbid! Hahahaha haha hahahaha haha...

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

@ Bob @Bultoboy

"What's the fkn use in aiming to beat last years efforts.." - Almost as useless as comparing grid positions to last year as Mike suggested. How can Rossi give a shit? No chance of the championship so he and Ducati are throwing everything at developing the bike. In the meantime he will ride it as fast as he can (with out crashing Casey) and pick up points. "And how do you arrive at the conclusion that the bike is shite. Based on what? We have facts to show the bike that finished last year and started this year was capable of being ridden fast." - WTF? Rossi is riding it just as fast as last year if not faster. And generally faster than any other Ducati rider. It is shite compared to the new Honda which is ahead of the rest. Ducati needed a shake up. Stoner was either unable or didn't want to be part of it. Fair play to him for leaving. The development won't happen overnight and THEY WILL have standard frame next season, if not before.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Race Championship or Practice/Qualifying Championship?

It's all very well with satellite posting fast times and even out-qualifying Rossi, what counts beyond a shadow of a doubt is race performance. I haven't counted, but how many times has Rossi been beaten by satellite riders this (appalling) season? Once. I know Nicky has finished ahead of him three times, but he is a former world champion, after all.

The performance of the Ducati is - across the board - below par, regardless of the odd fast time by a satellite rider who had one-too-many shredded wheat on any given day. Even if you take into account Stoner's excellent achievements over the last few years, across the board the results have been under par! Take the M1 which Rossi and Co. developed - it went from woefully underperforming to a consistent winner - much like the Honda is now.

This is point of the development work Ducati are undertaking. Right now they are still nowhere near and clearly won't be this year, even with this alluminium upgrade.

Reply to this Topic
CMB155

Sep 11

CMB155 says:

come on dude

Valsamoaning Rossi, he doesnt need defending hes having a tough year on a bike that has broken alot of great riders he is one of the few riders who will admit when he is not riding well like Silverstone when he had his hands up and said he was riding like an old woman its not really moaning when he says in almost every inteview that Ducati are working hard and he will contine to try new things to improve the bike. You are just confusing new parts and developments for him moaning which i wouldent say is 100% accurate Ducati know the bike isent up there with the Honda or Yamaha the gap cant be solved with finding 'the magic set up' there needs to be a hardware change but i forgot that changing and developing a bike these days is a dirty word and is only done if you have a shit rider that cant ride . . . seriously its just laughable its MotoGP not WSBK you can change things mid season teams have been doing it before Rossi and Burgess got the Ducati

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

no excuses

I am not making excuses for them but I reckon they are doing the best with what they have at the moment.
This is a long term project the way things are going and they will probably come out of it on top or certainly with a bike that is more rideable.
De Puniet gets 3rd in one practice session...wow...
good on him but what else will he do all season.
The bike needs sorting and thats what will eventually happen.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Fuck off Presiozi and Deltorchio, your entire consept is a complete tured but you can;t see it.. The most deluded and arrogant team in motogp. Rossi get your cv done, they'll be out of motogp by the end of the year and marlbor will be off asd weel. They haven't known how to make a single improve emt nin the last 3 years. Randys(16th in the championship) quick time has just proven that it is the actually the track that made the bike look good and of course Casey.. Rossi/JB and Marlboro get on know and start negotiating with a manufactuere who knows what they are doing.. Bye Ducati.. the end is nigh..presiozi will go down in history as they guy who's personal search for shangrila destroyed one the most iconic race teams in the sport.. Thank god for wsbk..They really are in that much shit.. there will be no competitive 1000 at ducati riders beware...

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Sorry, I disagree.

Rumphole, after this weekend, I reckon you are wrong my friend... oh, except the bit about overnight! Hahahaha...

Stoner still hasn't gone as quick as last year, now remind me, which bike was he riding?

And another one for you and the rest of the one dimensional fans... If Stoner wasn't racing, which bike would be a shoe-in for the title? A hint... not a fkn Honda mate!

Hugebean! Mate, your typing is fkn horrendous when you drink, but f*** me, you certainly think a lot clearer! Just move a fair proportion of that blame onto the Fairy Godmother, and I'm a deadset converted fan of yours! Cheers mate!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

Hello Bob. I'm no Rossi fan. For some reason I like watching motorbikes going around in circles. Stoner has smashed his times for last year in every race weekend. Now where would young Pedrosa be had had not missed so many races? Surely no one could ride the Honda as fast as Casey. Surely not.....

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ducati finished?

No way are Ducati finished in Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

'bout time.

Rumphole, now you're talking sense.

btw, I'm a big Speedway fan too!