Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to pole despite crash MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to pole despite crash

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to pole despite crash

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner starts from pole for tomorrow's race at the Motorland Aragon circuit despite crashing his number one bike. Stoner had just set his best lap of the session with 15 minutes to go when he had to lay his bike down in the gravel to avoid hitting the wall. This unfazed the Aussie, who went straight out...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 September 2011 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

A living legend has somehow managed to turn this season into a farce for the Ducati factory. Ducati, along with all teams, have had problems in the past, but i can't for the life of me ever remembering such a ridiculous situation. Hate to say it but I'm now thinking that Vale is more trouble than he's worth. What other conclusion could anybody come to? The factory team is a joke since he's joined. If this is an 'experimental season' for next year then Ducati are f----d in 2012!

That'll be a shame for all of us.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

we made this decision looking forward, and we’ve started working in what we think is a good direction, though of course we’re on our first step, with a lot more left to do.” (Rossi)

9/10 months, 14 rounds, 56 hours worth of practice sessions(inc qual)(excluding test days), 3 new bikes, a ton of wasted money, countless excuses, and ... they're on the first step, with a lot more left to do.

pfft. sure sounds promising.

I think one word which sums up this whole season is 'Exposed'. The doctor needs surgery.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Feel sorry for Nicky.

I am no fan of his but I have to feel for him riding an uncompetitive bike hopefully next year he moves on from there and get a decent ride like to see him on a Yamaha a bike which is miles better then the turd he is riding know.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Stoner

Just 1 more pole between now and the end of the season and he will hold the record for the most poles ever scored in one season.

Good stuff.

Reply to this Topic
Geepier

Jul 07

Geepier says:

Fast and True

Well done Casey firstly, second bike and still sets pole. As for the Doc well 2007 sucked and he turned it around.

Ducati haven't listened enough to the other riders such as Hayden and Cappy et al. The stressed member CF bollocks worked for Casey, but his riding style is his own.

You cant ride the Duke wheels in line and all the riders even Stoner complained of lack of feeling from the front.

Why do Honda and Yamaha have conventional a chassis. Cos they fookin work.

Anyway hope Jlo aint to far away or it rains cos otherwise expect a procession

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

1.3 minutes later.......

........If Rossi's almost 2 seconds a lap slower then Stoner and starts 10 seconds after the pack, he should finsh around 1.3 minutes after Stoner does.........

Reply to this Topic
sydneychris

Mar 11

sydneychris says:

Could you just imagine if it was rossi who was smashing all these records and getting pole so many times.....The computer repair business would be thriving with fried circuits from all the uncontrollable jizz squirting from his " fans ".....people say its boring with stoner way out in front....lol...... do you seriously want him to slow down and make a race of it....lol...

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

As we've seen before, regardless of who is on pole, the race is far from won yet.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Great performance by stoner. Looks like he may run away with this One, largely unchallenged. Hope for a good/ exciting race tomOrrow. Disappointed by rossis qualifying perfOrmance. The lack of track time yesterday can't have helped with setting up the new frame. Hope he can improve come race day tomOrrow. Top 6 would be a good result for him.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

DISASTER + EMBARRASSMENT = ROSSI + DUCATI...

The “business end” of 2011 is now upon us. Stoner can virtually seal the Title in the next 2 Rounds, if a wee rub of the green goes his way. The portents are ominous for the rest: Stoner won @ both Aragon and Motegi last season before going on to win again at Phillip Island and taking 2nd @ Valencia. That’s 3 x Wins and 4 x Podiums in the closing Rounds, when he wasn’t rolling about in the kitty litter - and all this on the allegedly “hopeless” Desmosedici! They say, God loves a tryer... Both the 2011 Title and his elevation to 4th on the “All-Time Senior GP Winners List” ahead of Eddie Lawson - and closing in on the iconic Mike Hailwood in 3rd - is now in his grasp. Is there really anyone left on Earth with half a brain that still doesn’t recognise or accept Casey Stoner’s durability, bravery & talent?

Why mention Stoner and then Rossi/Ducati? Simply because you absolutely cannot mention one without including the full contextual & direct comparison with the other. It’s called “reality”... and there are far too many out there that still deny it. Bless their yellow cotton 46 socks & Y fronts!

And so we come to MotoGP’s ground zero: Since the advent of Moto2, regular posters on MCN will have seen me occasionally wax lyrical about chassis ace, Steve Bones and his team of British artisans @ FTR. But if anyone had tried to tell me, even 3 months ago, Ducati would turn to them in desperation – purely driven & due to the spectacular & bewildering non-performance of the artist formerly known as the World’s best motorcycle racer, I would have laughed and said they were dreaming. Honestly – what a shameful shower of shit Rossi’s signing has transpired to be for Ducati. And poor Nicky Hayden – the World’s most distant and neglected # 2 has to be smiling just now – along with Abraham and RDP.

Rossi was & is a fantastic rider, undeniable – he has had the great fortune to surf a seemingly never-ending tsunami of luck, good health and Gold Class excellence in support & machinery throughout his fabulous career. 2011 is his Waterloo and Little Bighorn combined (forgive my use of two toponyms for our Trans-Atlantic cousins) and it is pathetic & sad to see moronic comments accusing Preziosi et al of “betraying” or not giving Rossi what he needed for the instant success the Zombies naively expected. Contrary to past behavior and patterns, Ducati even closed their WSBK team to free-up resources, staff and money to furnish VR with whatever he demanded and all ASAP. I use the term “ground zero” because that‘s the point on the Earth’s surface nearest to a major detonation or disaster. If the 2012 bike too isn’t a fully-sorted “goer” very early in the piece – expect a huge blast @ Bologna. Whether this is ultimately triggered by Rossi or senior management & sponsors is the only moot point. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices