Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Team orders not a factor, says Ben Spies MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Team orders not a factor, says Ben Spies

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Team orders not a factor, says Ben Spies

Ben Spies says he doesn’t expect team orders to come into play during tomorrow’s Motorland Aragon race after he outpaced factory Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo in qualifying. Spies will start tomorrow’s 23-lap race from third place on the grid, with a lap of 1.49.155 securing him his fourth front row start of 2011. Lorenzo though was only fourth fastest and he’s struggled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 September 2011 18:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Feakster

Mar 10

Feakster says:

Team orders?

There won't be team orders... yamaha will just fiddle with the engine mapping to make it bog down off the start. Job done

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

they wont need them

cos Lorenzo will beat Spies fair and square!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I really hope.

Ben gives him the lesson in braking like he did to Dovi last year if needed I hope "Elbowz" trounces him in front of his home crowd.

Go Spies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
vonich

Dec 10

vonich says:

Yes! But Not!

Sure JL will beat BS on any given day. But you must be dreaming thinking JL will beat BS in any race when he is struggling on his bike. I know this is spies second yr in motogp. but everybody is forgetting the this is actually spies first yr with this team even he have worked with some of them in past yrs. We all know What spies can do when he have his bike dialed in like other rider who won the race. when he won the race in Assen. some people says is a luck b'cuz there is a crashed infront of the rest of the rider. but forget to look on the lap time. Not stoner nor jorge can match spies lap time in assen when he won the race.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

the emperor has new clothes .... YamahaGYTR.  or should i say hello "Elbowz11"?!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Slow but Fair!

The only team orders will be that Houseworth gets to the 'Lardburger and Fries' van first or there'd be hell to pay!

I doubt Spies is the type who would unnecessarily take points away from the only contender for the title, let alone his team mate. He understands the team concept, he's not european you know!

Reply to this Topic
fanofthesport

Mar 10

wosidog needs a map

They are going to motegi because they are contractually obligated to do so. That's not team orders, it's his job. It has nothing to do with whether or not he will roll over for his teammate. ffs

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

ROFL Bob

Was thinking the same thing re houseworth.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

That's not fkn news!

Sorry Wosi, your bat and ball type digs are wasted on me my friend, but keep them up, at least I know you're hurting!

Back to motorbikes though... with Flo's worse than pisspoor efforts this year, don't you find it a little more intriguing that he caved and will be attending Motegi too?

Here's why. Del Touchio is enraged, he has reportedly seen the reality (hard for an Italian I know, but money talks!) and believes the best they can do is ride out the 2 year storm and hopefully recover or maintain at best, the ducati 'heritage' after the significant damage done so far this year.  He is holding Flo to the contract details and expects nothing less, even suggesting the Italians efforts have been 'questionable'.

Expect to see Hayden make improvements soon.

Still got the same girlfriend I see?

Woof woof! Hahahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

I wonder who made the biggest mistake this year Rossi for leaving Yamaha or Yamaha for letting him go, because JL has has nowhere near the form he had last year

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices