Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to start from pitlane MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to start from pitlane

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi to start from pitlane

Valentino Rossi will start tomorrow’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race from the pitlane having opted to go over his engine allocation after a disastrous qualifying session. Rossi will use a seventh engine tomorrow after qualifying in 13th place, a decision which means he will have to start the race from the pitlane, 10 seconds after the red lights have gone out to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 September 2011 18:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

People

always slagging Dani off, but after the tremendously fast Stoner, he is consistently the best of the rest at the moment. He`s mostly up there on the pode. 

He`s not a "big gob" and therefore gets a bit overlooked in my opinion. 
What bout Karel Abrahams crash? looked quite heavy, but the dozy marshal ran at full speed to the bike and not to see how he was! Crazy.
There didn`t look to be much wrong with those Ducatis  today, the way they turned looked good from the armchair at least! 

Reply to this Topic
goat46

Feb 09

goat46 says:

Hey cheekymonkey

Not slagging off Dani,super fast and talented but he is made out of rice paper,he crashes and he is injured.Unlucky,yes but he has had his chances !!! As the great Bill Shankley former Liverpool boss once said "First is everything ,second is nowhere"

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

sorry Goat

didn`t mean you in particular. In fact you`re probably right. He`ll get the chop after next season.

I suppose he does have a few dnf`s which over the years has made the difference between him being just "good" and a championship winner.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Bob

I'm sorry you don't have the intellect to understand my point. The Ducati is indeed being developed for Rossi however as I pointed out in my previous post plenty other riders have won on bikes developed for Rossi in past years. Only one has won on a bike developed by Stoner. The fact is that as riders I prefer Stoner. He is faster, rides harder and doesn't engage in mind games. He just tells it how he see's it. However that doesn't change the fact that historically Rossi developed bikes are better for more than one rider.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Mort

Look at what you are saying here about 'plenty of other riders' winning on bikes 'developed by Rossi'. I hate this stuff about him developing bikes anyone can ride. Him and Burgess set a bike up for themselves. The engineers give them a good bike to start with. We've had all this before.

Yamaha  -  no-one but Rossi won on it between 2004/2007 - that's 4 years, same period of time that only one rider (not quite true as Capirossi won one race) won on the Ducati. Which means?  what exactly?

So who are these riders.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes we have

heard it all before but I feel the reason you hate it so much is because you know there is some truth in it!
Also once Rossi and team sort out the Ducati I guarantee all Ducati riders will get better results.
Regarding the M1 as has been said before what could Biaggi do with it?
Rossis team mate was Edwards for how many years.....no disrespect to Colin but.....and if Rossi had not helped develop the Yam I doubt if Lorenzo and Spies would be where they are now!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Mort

''I'm sorry you don't have the intellect to understand my point. The Ducati is indeed being developed for Rossi however as I pointed out in my previous post plenty other riders have won on bikes developed for Rossi in past years.''

Surely you mean developed 'by' Rossi as opposed to 'for' Rossi? Hmmmmm.  Rossi jumped on a Honda 'developed' by someone else and won. He then jumped on a Yamaha  'developed' by someone else and won. You keeping up? Now he is 'developing' and the results are poor to say the least.

Hopefully your 'superior intellect' will one-day stop dismissing facts in favour of your opinion. But i doubt it. 

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

HOPEFULLY

you will see the reality of it all PC but I doubt it!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

You know it's not true so why persist with it and keep contradicitng yourself in the process.

'All riders can ride bikes developed by Rossi', then you follow that with Colin wasn't good enough to win. There is the contradiction - or isn't Colin categorised as one of 'all riders'. You also know full well that Furusawa designed a completely new bike for 2004, Biaggi never rode it so what's the point of even mentioning him - as has been said before.

The reason I hate it is because of comments like this 'plenty of other riders have won on bikes developed by Rossi over the years'.

When that statement is challenged and the names of these riders asked for - where are they?

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

stoner jumped on a bike that capirossi developed and won.

stoner jumped on a bike that was developed by honda for pedrosa and won.

stoner jumped on a ducati developed by himself,  got worse and then ran off, which is probably what rossi will do.

hayden gets screwed by both honda and ducati.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle