Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season

Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner stormed to his eighth victory of the season at Aragon to extend his championship lead over Jorge Lorenzo to 44 points. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa and Yamaha's Ben Spies beat Stoner in to the first corner, but by the end of the first lap Stoner was back to the front and starting to gap Pedrosa and Spies. Pedrosa then...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 September 2011 14:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Top ride by Rossi from pit lane

Obviously apart from that and Hayden it must be classed as one of the worst races so far. Utter garbage as Honda get closer to the title they've bought and been gifted by an uncompetitive field of bikes behind them. Dorna should give some ticker prices back, lol. Who's the Aussie rider again? Is it the guy from the 2007 season when the bike was the best on the grid?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well I did say.

Those Hondas and their speed won Stoner the race he was faultless no one could stop him the championship is going to Honda I hate to say that. I thought Ben would have had a chance today not for the win but a podium sadly his tyres dramatically dropped off which allowed Crashycelli and Lorenzo to catch up which I am dissapointed about going into the first turn leading then making a mistake on the brakes which proved costly but none the less he got 5th place 11 points 146 points and some good distance from Rossi in the standings without that tyre problem I think he would have had a chance to fight for the podium not much to say really I was hoping to see another one of them tussles Ben had last year not this time hopefully in Motegi in two weeks time I see one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

VR keeps it fun

I think the production team in the Dorna OB forgot the first two riders after lap 3.. Poor Dani, hardly saw him all race!

Well rode by Stoner though, looked imperious all weekend, all season in fact. Particularly good race by Lorenzo to get back to third but the title race is 'almost' academic now.

Grande Vale!!!!
It seems the GP11.3 (or whichever version it is now) has potential. The ride though the pack was obviously made easier by crashes but made the race interesting. Now we go to the tracks which have been kind to VR so maybe we'll see the Bologna Bucket up the front - there are 6 to choose from after all!

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Elbowz

7 points is not "some good distance from Rossi in the standings" but never mind, keep telling yourself it is and it will come true!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Top ride by Rossi from pit lane

...........................but a better ride 'around the outside' from Cal ;)

Another dominant display from Stoner. I was hoping the battle for 2/3/4 would've been better today but obviously it wasn't to be. Good ride again from Bautista and glad to see Cal bring the thing home for a change. It was good to see him smiling after a race for once.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

crap paint job honda

what were honda thinking with that shit paint job

glad we didnt see that much of it in the race lol

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

The new Alien will be Marc Marquez, not Ben en not Supersic. Of course Nori Haga and nr 58 are my favorite riders. But i was at Assen this year and seeing Marquez riding? Awsemome is the word Elbowz might use. This kid is faster than Pedrosa and has the fighting spirit that Dani does not have. This kid can ride, next year his kid brother will ride Moto3. All Bike fans will learn the Spannish anthem by heart. So many great riders in 125. Chrisq? Hope Smith proves me wrong mate, drinkin the green cans:-)

Reply to this Topic
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

easy

rossi making the ducati look shit yet again leave him with a winning bike and he goes and ruins it. another master class display again from casey.

yeh sheene fan7 the paint job was awful.yamaha made a real effort when they did there,s.

agree carlos the next top spainard is marc he,s something else to say he,s small he doesnt mind banging elbows unlike tird face pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

hahah Carlos

stick to the green cans, much better for ya.

Honda paint job was nasty, I assume the celebratory design was scribed by Casey or some other child :p

Cal - you brought it home!!!!

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

I thought it was a great procession by CS and DP. Great battles further down the field though. Now the top three need to do that together.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices