Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season

Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner stormed to his eighth victory of the season at Aragon to extend his championship lead over Jorge Lorenzo to 44 points. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa and Yamaha's Ben Spies beat Stoner in to the first corner, but by the end of the first lap Stoner was back to the front and starting to gap Pedrosa and Spies. Pedrosa then...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 September 2011 14:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stoner27

Jul 08

stoner27 says:

highrevz46

chillout little boy i could get into the usual slagging match with the hopeless 46ers.

but on a good note he was on fire today a new engine and starting from pitlane yeh he,s getting there making good progress through the field to get 10th amazing.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes and..

ask yourself why his tyres had a dramatic drop off as you put it.....Ben is good but he has more to learn to beat Jorge on a regular basis.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well...

What an exhibition of skill from Stoner... dominance is understating it... it doesn't appear anyone has an answer to make the race for the win interesting again...

A little reassuring to see that Rossi, on the 11.2, managed to almost match Hayden's lap times on the 11.1, lap for lap, on it's first race, even though it was still a tenth slower on his fastest (which was a lap without traffic for Rossi). They could have been battling on track but for Rossi's new engine penalty. Faster next time please.

Zog - "And if you take the 10 sec penalty off that would put him just in front of Bautista.Still not Brilliant"

After his 1st lap he was 7 seconds off the lead rider not 10... & after the 1st lap Rossi was only 6 secs behind Hayden... guess how many secs he was behind Hayden at the end of the race... & that was after a bad last lap from Hayden!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

@yamaha3358

Cal totally schooled rossi, beating him by a massive 2 tenths, despite rossi starting 15 seconds behind him, bet rossi's been round to Cal's trailer to get some tips...Don't get me wrong I really like Cal, but to say he schooled Vali is a bit much.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Track tempratures.

As Maio his team director at Yamaha and Ben's manager on his side of the garage said.

The drop in temperature this afternoon probably compromised the work we’ve done up to this morning in set up. Ben really couldn’t do more because the rear tyre was really bad after just a few laps.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ok

yes the temperature but it was the same for all was it not.Dont get me wrong I think Spies is an amazing talent but he still has work to do to step up to the nxt level so to speak.
Zog dont to take to much notice cos your dealing with a totally biased Rossi hater with no brains!

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

@hedgehog5

I'm confused now. I see the lap time, Rossi 7 seconds slower than spies. Is that a 'real' time? Because they told us he had to wait 10 seconds after the lights went out before he could even start. Are you saying if he had started at the same time he would have come out of the pit lane 3 seconds ahead? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Motorland_Arag%C3%B3n_FIA.svg here's a layout of the track, it doesn't 'look' like a 3 second advantage.

Reply to this Topic
Technique

Jul 11

Technique says:

Tyre problems.

Rossi had tyre issues on the left side of his rear tyre, everybody could see that he was losing out in left hand corners.

Great win by Casey, good solid podium for Pedrosa and Lorenzo.

Hope that Karel is oke after that crash, he got smacked pretty hard by his bike.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Race stats

Zog - You're trying to read too much into stats.

Starting from pitlane was hardly any worse than starting from the back of the grid. He was only a couple of seconds behind the last man when he came onto the track. On the first lap the riders don't get spread out much so last man was only 7 - 8 seconds behind the lead rider. (Not counting RdP who got pushed off track so was behind the safety car when he rejoined)

If Rossi had started from his grid spot he may have made a good start or a bad start which could have put him up with Hayden and Co or left him where he was. All ifs and buts so you can conjure up any scenario you like really.

His lap times were about the same as Hayden, Bautista etc for the whole race, so realistically, best finish, on pace,  would have been somewhere around Hayden, who would have been one place further back if Dovi hadn't gone out. Probably 2 places back, as RdP was flying and at the end of the race was lapping much quiicker than the midfield runners and catching them at a second a lap, but the muppet commentators never picked up on it once. At one point he was only a second or so behind the Rossi group but then disappeared so must have had a moment somewhere as he was way back at the end. If he had not been pushed off he may well have had 6th place. Shame.

Pretty good race on the whole, no battles at the front obviously but plenty in the midfield with Hayden/Bautista/Barbera, Crutchlow/Rossi/Aoyama and Simo/Spies again. A race, from a spectators point of view, isn't just about 1st place.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

@bultoboy

Fair play, I know what you're saying, and I know it's hypothetical but if I take the right numbers I can get an indication of the effectiveness of the upgrade. And going by times into the first split BS 34.8 (1st in) HB(took Vali's place on the grid)36.4 LC (last man not incl RDP) 38.2. VR 41.6 it's roughly 5 seconds not 15 as I was thinking which would take him as you say - just behind nicky- seems a bit pointless somehow, but the we'll see if they get more understanding of it as time goes on. On a completely different note- 'man of the match' Bautista that suzuki's really coming on.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices