Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Stoner storms to eighth win of season

Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner stormed to his eighth victory of the season at Aragon to extend his championship lead over Jorge Lorenzo to 44 points. Team-mate Dani Pedrosa and Yamaha's Ben Spies beat Stoner in to the first corner, but by the end of the first lap Stoner was back to the front and starting to gap Pedrosa and Spies. Pedrosa then...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 September 2011 14:52)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

But you didn't see much of Stoner or Pedrosa. Focus was mainly on the scrapping that was going on.

I don't understand why people keep slagging it off as boring. It's always been the same, first couple of laps to sort out the lead, then it settles down and the faster riders, even if it's only a couple of tenths, gradually pull away. Unless someone's tyres go off or they run wide, that's it. How's it been any different?

People go on about BSB which I don't catch very often but I saw last weeks 2nd race from Donnington. Same thing. Once Hopkins got through he was off. No battle for the lead. What's the difference?

Why were there never the same complaints when it was Rossi out in front. That was always described as a Rossi master class rather than boring. What's the difference?

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Brilliant Stoner!!

and chrisq011 not sure what planet you're on but having been to Cheste and having lots of Spanish friends, it is one of the most popular and best viewing circuits around and next to Jerez the most popular!. So I don't know where you get your information from. I doubt that you've ever been there! Boring race today apart from Moto2. Let's see if things improve with Marc Marquez and maybe a few others joining in next year. Rossi wants to throw in the towel if he carries on the way he is this year, next year will be more of the same I'm afraid. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

How can you even compare Rossi with Stoner! Rossi started well catching up the rear pack, but to see him passed by Cal later in the race was very sad. Cal was an average SBK, which was smoked constantly by Max and Carlos, to see him passing Rossi with such confidence. Does anybody have Carlos lap time this season in Aragon? Would he be in top 10 motogp racing with inferior SBK?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

the fact is

No matter what you think personally of Stoner the bloke is in blinding form and even if Rossi was back on a honda he would still be leading the championship this year,and if Stoner were still on the Ducati alongside Rossi that would be even more of a red face for Vale,Rossi, great rider but at the wrong end of his game,they have only one thing left to change on that Duke now,good to see Cal finish in a stronger fashion lets hope it relights the swagger in the bloke,also good to see the Suzuki getting better for John Hopkins next year!!

Reply to this Topic
mikehannan

Jun 11

mikehannan says:

Boring? Who cares?

Some of the comments about boring racing are a little amusing.  I recall a journalist complaining to Mick Doohan that he had put on a boring display by qualifying fastest and then clearing off and leaving the rest to discuss the minor places.  His answer was the typical blunt Doohan response: "That's what I'm paid to do." 

By that simple logic Honda must be delighted with their investment in Stoner and Ducati none too happy with their Rossi dollars.  It makes me wonder what the fans want.  Is Stoner expected to slow down and get into a battle with Pedrosa and Dovi (on equal bikes) just to put on a show? 

My advice is to just settle back and enjoy a masterful display.

Mike

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

The slow motion shot of Stoner was absolutely amazing. Consider that Pedrosa is one of the fastest riders in the last few years, racing in front of his home croud, on the same bike as Stoner and still no competition to Stoner! It's Stoner era and you better get used to it. Furthermore, Stoner does not crash these days like few years back, out of the one race that Rossi crashed into him...

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

I am confused.

Could someone please explain to me how so many improvements add up to no improvement?

Ducati have made many small improvements to Rossi's bike, better rear end, better gearbox, better engine, better front end, better forks better colour scheme, yet it is still slower than last years bike with second tier riders on them. I really am confused how this could be.

I agree it would be nice if someone could rise to the challenge from Stoner to put on a race at the front, but you can hardly expect him to slow down to put on a show for us. The super slow motion shots are great and really highlight the skill involved with riding at this level, they should show more of it,

Awesome  Moto 2 race, without doubt the race of the day.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Total. Utter. Dominance.

Oh sorry, I forgot, he has the best bike. The same bike two other guys on the grid have.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Rossi's retards strike again

During the Beeb coverage the commentators mentioned that they had been deluged with emails and faxes claiming that they were constantly bigging up Casey Stoner, this was after a good 10 minutes of them talking about rossi creating history again for starting from pit lane. Rossi's retards no doubt about them.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Wot Happened?

A few years ago the spin was that Valentino could ride any bike, even one poorly set up.  He could simply ride around its limitations and win consistently.  Why is it that second tier riders on last year's Ducati are doing better than the Doctor? 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices