Skip to content

Ask an Expert I'm lost. Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > I'm lost.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

I'm lost.

I am trying to find insurance for a CBF125, I have looked on a number of websites. All of them seem to be a comparison website? Only one I found which wasn't at present was Carol Nash I think it was called.

So who would you recommend? Cheapest quote I got for TP F&T was £382.01 on GoCompare for Swinton. However on Swinton website they gave me a more expensive quote. Not sure how that works.

Thanks! Karl.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (18 September 2011 18:42)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Basilisk

Sep 11

Basilisk says:

How old are you?

You could try: 

www.bennetts.co.uk 
www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk  
www.bikesure.co.uk

The killer is always lack of no-claims, that and not being an old fart! 
:smile

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

I'm 18 :biggrin: 
Thanks! I tried Bikesure they were pretty cheap for me too. They quoted me £415.85. But I suppose I have to climb this mountain to get the no claims racking up. 

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

Carol Nash

My first insurance with Carol Nash cost me £295 based on 6K miles a year.

Would have been at more had I been a lot younger (i'm 60).

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

just use gocompare.com.. i wouldnt take out insurance with carole nash or bennets

Reply to this Topic
Basilisk

Sep 11

Basilisk says:

robsot

Have you had bad experiences with them?

Reply to this Topic
entus

Sep 11

entus says:

insurance

Go compare is probably where you'll find cheapest. Get your mileage down to about 5k a year and go for fully comp, usually works out cheaper than TPFT for some weird reason and get some security fitted to your bike. CISA locks and a good english chain can make a difference to your quote.

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

basilisk

no bad experiences but read on here a lot of posts from people who have.. and they are notoriously expensive :)

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Cheers

I found out on ASDA website that they guarantee to beat a like for like quote. So they managed to beat my GoCompare quote not but a lot but every little helps :laugh:. Carol Nash quoted me £600 for TPFT whereas now mine is £382. 
Thanks for the suggestions! 

Reply to this Topic
jonathanflatman

Sep 11

Swinton Insurance

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

I was sent an email by this company a month before my policy was due to expire to say that that it had aleady expired.  I started to think about all the ANPR cameras that I had been through.  In panic I phoned them up to arrange cover.  Guess what.  I was already covered but had to pay over the odds for a telephone service when I could have renewed far cheaper by the internet a month later. 

And, when I took out breakdown cover... 

Motorcycle Insurance Policy

To quote from their recent Breakdown Cover Policy Booklet:

Section F General Conditions applying to all parts of this policy

F7. YOU will have to pay the toll or ferry charges incured by the DRIVER of the recovery vehicle...

F10. YOU shall carry a servicable spare tyre and wheel for YOUR VEHICLE....

Hmmmmm

We make a mistake on our applications and we are not not covered.

They screw up their policy booklet and are not sanctioned by anyone.

One of the reasons that I am not happy with continuing my subscription to MCN is that they continue to accept adverts from this company.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
NutMagnet

Jul 09

NutMagnet says:

Swinton Insurance

Hi :smile

I've had nothing but good experience with Swinton's.. I wouldn't call it above and beyond the call of duty but....

Three years after I was rear ended and I had been previously paid out for the loss of the bike.. I called into my local Swinton's branch to get a quote on a new bike.. I happened to mention the "High Cost of New Gear" and the previous loss as I was  insured through them at the time.

They pulled my old file and told me to get receipts for anything I bought new to replace the damaged gear.. I bought the bike and along with it a new helmet, jacket, gloves and boots, it was about £400 in total for the riding gear.. Dropped the receipts off at the branch the following week and thought maybe I'd get a bit back..

Couple of weeks later a cheque arrived and covered the full amount. No proof apart from the new receipts was required.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices