Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith confirms Yamaha MotoGP deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith confirms Yamaha MotoGP deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith confirms Yamaha MotoGP deal

Bradley Smith has confirmed he will move to the MotoGP world championship in 2013 having signed a long-term deal with the Tech 3 squad, as was first reported by MCN yesterday. Smith inked a three-year deal with the French outfit during last weekend’s Motorland Aragon race and he will stay with Tech 3 in Moto2 next year. He will then switch...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 September 2011 09:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Well done

Bloody good move and well deserved!

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

great deal

well done Bradders great deal and great decision to stay in moto2 next year

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Great to see him in MotoGP

And fully deserved! He proved me wrong in Moto2 and I hope he does the same again in MotoGP!

Reply to this Topic
marval

Nov 03

marval says:

Brad

What a mature head on those 20 year old shoulders!! How tempting it must have been to throw your self to the lions next year! To stay in moto 2 with the same team and move on with the same team in GP shows how perceptive this young man is.

Well done Brad!

Reply to this Topic
mocha01

Dec 08

mocha01 says:

Replacement for Cal then?

Cal will have done his two years at Tech3 by then, and so will either have shuffled up the deck (hopefully) to a Works ride, or gone the other way......can't see Laverty getting the ride then as Edwards replacement - think Dovi or Alvaro as teammate to Cal next year, and Brad the year after?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fully deserved Minty?

The man hasn't even won at Moto2 level ! This is a big gamble by Poncharral. Good luck to Bradley nonetheless, he's done very well to negotiate himself such a position.

Reply to this Topic
tamounga

Jun 10

tamounga says:

Poncheral is betting on potential. Smith may not be the greatest but he's solid and will bring sponsorship money. Monster sponsorship surely did not hurt. It will be interesting to see if Edwards replacement will get a 1 or 2 year contract. Cal will know early enough where he stands.

I don't think Dovi will leave Honda, and the Red Bull sponsorship will make things difficult for Tech 3. Replacing Cal with Eugene does not make much sense to me as I don't see any talent gap between the two. I think it will come down to who Yamaha wants on their bike.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Yes fully deserved

and after all the cheering and shoutinng for redding as the next big thing Bradley has jumped on a bike which under-performed in 2010 and worked with intelligence with the team to create a bike which is very capable.

Will he win races this year, sure why not.

Will Redding, probably not.

Has Poncharal made a mistake - nah he's a cunning old fox who runs the best non factory squad in the paddock. Bradley has potential of that there is no doubt - just ga back through his career to see. Its far to early to write him off (again Nostro)  and give the kid his dues.

Reply to this Topic
Dazzler123

Jul 11

Dazzler123 says:

Good news

As mentioned looks like Cal is out on his ear after next year then as I'd be surprised if who ever takes Edwards seat will sign just for one year.

As for bradders, in all honesty I don't think he'll be challenging for Moto GP champtionship but he will have the GP experience that will keep him consistant and get the odd podium, maybe even a sneaky win. Definitely the right decision as with the new rules coming into MotoGP the geniune GP ptototype rides will be few and far between and bradders will be on one of the best....unless Mr Rossi & Burgess make the GP12 a winner.....??

I hope he does better than the superbike brits......

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

LMAO

Everyone knows that the English pound is the currency you want in your wallet. We have seen under performing Brits for quite some time getting top rides while people like RDP, De angelis, Maro Melandri and the list of others marched out of Motogp. Tech 3 boss is like a pimp making sure his stable can bring in the money.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices