Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Casey Stoner hails Dani Pedrosa’s development skills MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Casey Stoner hails Dani Pedrosa’s development skills

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Casey Stoner hails Dani Pedrosa’s development skills

Casey Stoner praised Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa’s development skills after he continued his relentless charge to the 2011 MotoGP world title at the Motorland Aragon track yesterday (Sunday). The Australian dominated the 23-lap encounter to win for the eighth time this season in another processional MotoGP race. And the 25-year-old, who has now won 31 races to equal the number of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 September 2011 10:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Join Team

Perhaps Pedrosa should quit racing, and join Stoners Crew, allowing Stoner to win even more races;). Reckon Stoner will win total of 10 races this season. Maybe 11. Pedrosa in total has 15 or 16 wins in 5 or so years at Honda. Quote simple. One is a true racer and one is true developer.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

It's almost funny ....

.... that a story about Casey's appreciation of his teammates efforts over the years gets turned into the usual Stoner/Rossi shite.

Let's be frank about this.  The rider gives feedback to the team and the team give feedback to the rider.  From this the bike is tweaked and prodded at each circuit to get the best out of it for that race. Rinse and repeat for every circuit, though after a while there are some base settings and specific adjustments they know they can make to cope with specific challenges (track layout, temperature, etc.).

The problem comes when they have exhasted the range of adjustments they can make and are still struggling with corner speed, change of direction, rear traction, etc.   Then the team manager (e.g. JB) gives feedback to the factory that the bike itself needs improvement in some area, and perhaps even suggests how to make that improvement.  What the factory does is then choose whether they can deliver the change and how they will do it.  Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't.  It is not unusual for a rider to decide to revert to old suspension, frames, etc. because the new one doesn't suit them.

No rider (Dani, Casey, Valentino) designs the bikes or even talks to the factory boys.  They just ride it and give feedback - what happens next is out of their hands.

Now sharing setup information ... that's a whole new can of worms.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

HAH!! what i told ya??

I WANT ALL ROSSI'S FANS HERE READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY. EVEN FURUSAWA STILL HUMBLE SAID HE AND ROSSI DEVELOPTED THE BIKE IN ONE PART OF STATEMENT. GOODNESS. AND HIS TRACK RECORD SHOWN HOW SMART ASS HE IS!!!!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/166485/1/furusawa_reflects_on_eve_of_yamaha_motogp_exit.html

and the statement above, well, DO YOU ALL ROSSI'S FANS STILL THINK HE IS THE DEVELOPMENT RIDER???? GOAT MASTER, YES.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Rossi fanboys, look away now.

Stoner and Rossi have raced 80 times now and here are some interesting stats.

Stoner has won 31 races to Rossi's 21
has 54 podiums to Rossi's 48
has 29 poles to 14
has 26 fastest laps to 17
has 60 front row starts to 38
1360 points to 1277
win percentage of 38.5 to 26.6
1 championship to rossi's 2 but an equalizer this year

Stoner will have won 2 titles on 2 different bikes, also a factor to include. There's no doubting the better rider. I know people are afraid to say it in fear on getting jumped by the Rossi fanboys wearing yellow balaclavas, but Stoner is a better rider than Rossi, INCLUDING his rookie year. I mean come on, those stats aren't even near to being close. Domination once again by Stoner. (c.net)

Reply to this Topic
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

Yam3358 strikes AGAIN....

Once again...completely off topic. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

And just so you realise....better results don't nessecarily make a better rider....think most people would agree with me on that one! When it comes down to it on equal machinery i know who I'd have my money on!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Told you to look away!!

and your dreaming if you think Rossi is capable of beating Stoner on equal machinery. At the start of the year when he was on the GP11 he didn't even come close to Stoner's GP10 times. Besides, the commentators on pretty much all channels covering motogp conclude that if Motogp was a one make series, there would be one clear winner while all on the same bike.. you guessed it, Stoner. Casey is the most adaptable rider in Motogp.

10th place, he's a real tryer..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rossi and Stoner.

In the same team will make things interesting but there is one guy who will say no with the threat of being humilliated.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

YAMAHA 3358

i like your stats but i think you have deliberately missed out the 2006 season.......

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

what has this post got to do with rossi................................................

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Add it if you like. Stoner still comes out on top.

Besides, i thought i'd start from when they were BOTH riding factory bikes.. seems a bit pointless comparing Stoner to Aoyama or Rossi to Abraham doesn't it ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices