Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati

Valentino Rossi admitted he is starting to run out of ideas of how to transform Ducati’s fortunes after he slumped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place at the Motorland Aragon track. The Italian was hoping a new aluminium frame rushed out for the Aragon weekend would help give him the confident front-end feeling he so desperately craves. But the new frame was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 September 2011 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

INTERESTING?

The Fact that Stoner was the only rider to win on the bike is strange to me. BECAUSE he left the bike he dominated on.That shoud tell us all something. The duck caught everyone off guard and on an up hill climb at the time. Rossi probably thought because of that it would be a good ride because the yamaha and the honda were playing catch up. But both those bikes made the leap leaving Ducati behind and struggling. Honda and Yamaha have always had a winning formula, they have been at it too long not to. Its just yearly rule modifications that sometimes make them have bad results from time to time. The duck is a bad project like suzuki, it needs to start from ground up proof of it is the changing of the frame for this race. If got to change frames something is extremely wrong, thats a design flaw. As Burgess said "sometime you have got to take a step back in order to go forward" or something to that nature. Look Rossi is the GOAT, is speed and talent is not debatable, and if he has to run around in the back of the pack something is wrong, even Nicky starts to fade and I hate to see his talent wasted on the lame Duc as well.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

the famous non-development skills

as Loony Stoony got his wins after it never mattered to Jorge because he had almost or already clinched the title. Getting 3 wins in 2010, 4 wins in 2009, 6 wins in 2008 sure as shit shows a dominant bike. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the time comparison of Stoner vs Rossi, 2010 vs 2011 below

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201109104808/Sulla-Ducati-meglio-Stoner-di-Rossi.html

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

RDB46

I wouldn't worry too much about what RDB46 has to say. He is a withered shadow-troll of his former self. All the hubris and chest beating about Rossi's awesome development skills and how he was going to show the world how to really ride the Duc at the end of last season has dissipated in the face of the awful truth which has laid bare the cherished myths about Rossi's god-like abilities. This has left a vile, bitter little man (Gollum?) who only joy in life is to attack the person who has made his idol look so ordinary. Waa waa waa it's all casey's fault waa waa waa I love every whiny post as it shows how butt hurt he is.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

@ milkybars Nice way to disparage gp victories when they don't support your view of the world. Would you say the same thing if Rossi managed to win 3 of the next 4 races? Or would you be raving on about how awesome he is to be able to win on the Ducati, with it being a clear indication of his greatness? No one is claiming the Ducati was a dominant bike. But it was capable of winning races. Now with a full season of Rossi's development and riding skills it is going backwards and a race win, let alone a podium, is a distant dream. Further evidence of Rossi's god-like abilities.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=MotoGP-Aragon:-We-have-gone-backwards-says-dejected-Hayden&newsid=5668

and who's been in charge of development ?

This season just gets better, its funny as hell to see the fanboys moaning and whinging all season. JB said at the start of the year they'd be competitive straight away because the Ducati was a better bike than when they first went to Yamaha.. further proving Rossi mainly did fuck all in making that bike into a winner.

and he's made them SLOWER! what a legend.

Nice one Cal.

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

RossiWankBiker....

you do make me laugh! another motorcycle racing "fan" that would be better placed as a football fan. Rossi Rossi Rossi, thats all you know and care about. God there are so many of you. I feel sorry for people like you - what are you gonna do when Rossi goes to BSB in 2013 (hahaha!!!) Mate - there is no such thing as an easy championship.. and you really think Lorenzo only won last year because Rossi was injured? And you really think Casey is only winning this year because 'he is on the best bike'..?? Yeah - granted, i'll give you that - the Honda's the best ride out there this year. And no one can say what WOULD have happened if Rossi wasn;t injured last year - but don't forget Jorge was showing him a fair hand before he was injured - and if you asked me, i still think Jorge would have battered him last year anyway. And Stoner?? come on - this guy in my opinion is the best motorcycle racer we have seen for generations. And no - im not a die-hard Stoner fan - Im a fan of all the riders (including being a massive massive fan of Rossi's by the way)... The facts speak for themselves...yes Rossi is unbelievable - but if Stoner/Lorenzo/Pedrosa were all of the same age, and were around when Rossi was reigning, I can guarantee you he would not have shone like he has. The likes of Biaggi and Gibernau etc were good riders yes, but not on the same level as these boys today, NO WAY!!!! And i'd bet my bottom dollar that even if you stuck Rossi on that RCV this year, next year, whenever - he'd have one HELL of a time trying to hang with Casey. Take the blinkers off mate and actually look at what's happening out there and stop acting like a girl. xx

Reply to this Topic
RickyP

Sep 11

RickyP says:

???

I really don't understand this, every time I read the comments section under a story that has Rossi in it there seem to be the same old people taking their pound of flesh and savouring it. I really don't understand, yes he's doing terrible this year, he's admitted it. Case closed? You'd have thought so but I get the impression that some people seem to think that one bad year means that the he's a complete fraud. That somehow all his success up until now was completely gifted and he's a terrible rider. Just showing any signs of support is looked down upon, how dare you still support him, even when he's having a terrible season you must be a blinkered fan. Apparantly you should switch your support to whoever happens to be winning that season, or maybe just anyone apart from Rossi. It mystifies me why there is all this hate, Casey's a brilliant rider, so is Jorge, and Rossi has proven many times that he is. Not really sure why I've written this, trying to have a rational debate on this site seems to be impossible. I think I'll just have to stick to motomatters if I want to read a discussion.

Reply to this Topic
RickyP

Sep 11

RickyP says:

???

I really don't understand this, every time I read the comments section under a story that has Rossi in it there seem to be the same old people taking their pound of flesh and savouring it. I really don't understand, yes he's doing terrible this year, he's admitted it. Case closed? You'd have thought so but I get the impression that some people seem to think that one bad year means that the he's a complete fraud. That somehow all his success up until now was completely gifted and he's a terrible rider. Just showing any signs of support is looked down upon, how dare you still support him, even when he's having a terrible season you must be a blinkered fan. Apparantly you should switch your support to whoever happens to be winning that season, or maybe just anyone apart from Rossi. It mystifies me why there is all this hate, Casey's a brilliant rider, so is Jorge, and Rossi has proven many times that he is. Not really sure why I've written this, trying to have a rational debate on this site seems to be impossible. I think I'll just have to stick to motomatters if I want to read a discussion.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

No riders skills are going to deteriorate in 1/2 a season. If only 1 rider has managed get to grips with the bike there's a serious problem with it.

Put him back on his Yamaha and and I'm convinced he be back where he was..... but that's not going to happen.

I wonder what Rossi's options are after next year.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Brutally honest

Rossi :- "“I'm not sure what is the real problem. It is maybe a problem to match between me and the bike and I'm not sure if with this new chassis if the situation improves or if it really is a problem of the material.

"It is very difficult to say. Unfortunately I am not an engineer and I don't know. This answer must arrive from Ducati.”

Trouble is .... Ducati were hoping that Valentino and Jeremy had the answer to the question "What is wrong with the bike?"  Unfortunately it wasn't their first theory ("Stoner"), and it seems they didn't have a backup plan.  A few rounds back Jeremy made some comments that could be read as meaning that Valentino and the Ducati were not compatible, and it seems the man himself is starting to agree.  But turning the Ducati into another Yamahonda is not so easy, or desirable from the factory's viewpoint.

The question is not whether this will be Rossi's worst season - that is now a given - bit whether he can turn it around next year or will retirement beckon before the legend loses more of its shine.  I think it woud be good for him and his loyal fans if he could manage 1 victory on a Duke before he slips out the back door.  I'm not too confident that that will happen, but its a nice thought,,,, isn't it?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle