Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati

Valentino Rossi admitted he is starting to run out of ideas of how to transform Ducati’s fortunes after he slumped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place at the Motorland Aragon track. The Italian was hoping a new aluminium frame rushed out for the Aragon weekend would help give him the confident front-end feeling he so desperately craves. But the new frame was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 September 2011 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

agree smackbum....

maybe if it rains for the next four rounds and every round next year??? surely he could pip a win then!? haha. sad to see this happening - and even sadder to say it, but i dont think it's gonna happen either. Hope im wrong - but assuming next year is the same for him - Im really looking forward to seeing what he'll do for 2013. Will he hang up the leathers altogether? or will he say "f**k this!!!..... im gonna show you lot i aint lost it" and get back on a Yamaha, or dare i say it even a Repsol Honda for one last season? Or maybe a trip to WSB..... now THAT, i would love to see!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
LairdShingleton

Sep 11

Does someone remeber the Bike Roger Marshal won the Daytona on ?The Headstock bolted to the Motor and the motor to the swing arm -this bike had the same problem -the engine cannot be a stressed member of the Frame ------The Motor needs to be a an isolated member around a frame so changes in steering geomerty take effect

I believe this is what jerrmy has been trying to tell Ducati -the Aluminum is only a small piece at the headstock and really will do nothing i believe-next year will see a big change i would say or there just stupid

Now for a price i know somone to  make it go faster to $$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Even on the straights that bike seems gutless compared to the Honda's and Yamaha's.

Reply to this Topic
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

YAM 3358

You really are a joke. If you have nothing constructive to say on a topic then don't bother commenting because you really are just pissing off a lot of the regulars on here. If you have such a hatred for rossi then good for you but why do you feel the need to express it at every possible opportunity! All I can say is grow up. And here's a wee video for you to keep you entertained ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA

Reply to this Topic
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

YAM 3358

You really are a joke. If you have nothing constructive to say on a topic then don't bother commenting because you really are just pissing off a lot of the regulars on here. If you have such a hatred for rossi then good for you but why do you feel the need to express it at every possible opportunity! All I can say is grow up. And here's a wee video for you to keep you entertained ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA

Reply to this Topic
DARMHA900SS

Jul 09

DARMHA900SS says:

Not the material!

Ducati are on record some time ago saying that they didn’t think the problem was the material, so why waste money building aluminium parts to the replace the carbon fibre?
The real problem is the concept of an immoveable, stressed engine and no proper frame.
Guess it’s too late and too expensive to change that this year.
As I see it, Ducati are between a rock and a hard place.
Change the frame for next year and become competitive while admitting to the world that the frame concept on their new 2012 road bike doesn’t work in top class racing or stick with what they have and continue to waste money and time going to GP’s that they stand no chance of winning.
Either way, the damage to their image has been done and I don’t think such a small company can seriously come out of this on top.
Ducati’s image is top flight racing. They need to win to make their road bikes marketable.
On paper, they have the “DREAM TEAM”. In reality, it’s a “BLOODY NIGHTMARE”.

Reply to this Topic
Fixer

Aug 02

Fixer says:

Aluminium Frame

It is no good replacing a rigid carbon fibre frame with exactly the same design but in aluminium. That would have zero flex as well. Complete new frame please - which is what I thought Ducati were doing!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

ls08

im guessing ? if not my mistake but that's the best you can do ? provide me with a race 3 years ago ? i would post one from this year, but i can't really think where Rossi has even come close to Stoner.

\This is the best video iv seen in a while though, it's very ... true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJ92U1oI8c

and this, one of the best highlights ive ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hFs9zzw9sc

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Trellis frame

With 1000cc around the corner and given their huge season with Capirex in 2006, maybe they should go back to basics. The stressed member (rigid engine) was pretty comfortable in the trellis which provided the flex and feel. They introduced the carbon incrementally and the results have incrementally gone backwards. The SBK bike is heavier, almost as powerfull and the sweetest turning bike on that grid. Fair enough,the Bridgestone vs Pirelli comes into play at this crossover point,but surely old Vito and Franco can troll around Mugello with the CF and Alloy options vs Trellis,let the stopwatch be the judge and the hell with their feelings and observations. Its all about lap times and consistency. They are in such a dark hole right now they have nothing to lose by slapping a D16 L-4 screamer in a trellis frame with alloy swingarm. and Bayliss and Checa to test it against the clock.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Rossi baffled??

Well no one else is!! It's obvious that, for whatever reason, the Desmo and Rossi don't go together! 9 and a half months of tinkering have in fact made it worse! Heavier crankshaft because Rossi didn't like the fierce power delivery, and it seems Stoner did! Alloy frames now, which have made no difference whatsoever either, or made it worse! Just as well he's not getting paid on results!! It seems like a case of the tail waggging the dog here. Ducati need someone who wants to ride the bike to the limit, as Stoner did, not trying to tame it!! If Rossi continues at Ducati next year, and I hope he doesn't, it is going to be more of the same, unfortunately. He's getting too much money and not earning it. Give someone else the chance, RDP, Maverick Viñales or Marc Marquez if only they could get him! Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices