Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi baffled by struggling Ducati

Valentino Rossi admitted he is starting to run out of ideas of how to transform Ducati’s fortunes after he slumped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place at the Motorland Aragon track. The Italian was hoping a new aluminium frame rushed out for the Aragon weekend would help give him the confident front-end feeling he so desperately craves. But the new frame was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (19 September 2011 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

There seems little point in worrying about starting from the pitlane when it doesn't currently make any difference to either his championship nor his finish spot during the race. Ducati need to forget the current layout altogether, it has never worked and Presiozi doesn't look any closer to anyone else in motogp history to changing that.. How long do you allow a results driven activity to fail before you do something?? 3 years should be too long, in the real world I suspect they would be out of business by now.. Ducati need to change the layout and the best thing they can do is to revert to something they understand and start again from there as Presiozi has lost control of his project.. The fact that they bike doesn't work is bad enough never mind that the current layout means you have to start from scratch every time you add a new part.. The whole engine stress member thing currently looks just like a very bad mistake. In a sport where you have only six engines why would you build a bike that needs a new engine everytime you need to improve it.. ?? They've got me.. Honda brought six different chassis last year and every part was interchangeable, and there were 10ths separating the pace of each one. It is hard to put into english just how far off Honda, Ducati currently are. But it's a very long way.. Farting about with the same old turd to try and finish 7th rather than 8th.. is like rearranging the decks. noshow, no rider is bigger than the sport but to deny what actually happened is the worst kind of fanboyism. Rossi's popularity with the masses dragged the sport kicking and screaming from the dark ages without a doubt take it from those of us who watched it happen.. There were twice as many fans at race meets as there used to be and it got a lot more tele time, it wouldn't be where it is today without a personalty like Rossi didn't have to be him but that's how it turned out, happens in a lot of sports. Doesn't matter whether you like it or not..

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

139 points

in 14 races, not looking good for next season either.

Pretty much an average of 6th place, i think 7th is probably where he deserves to be, but he's benefited 90% of rounds from others falling.

Go on Sic, hunt 'em down.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

"no rider is bigger than the sport but to deny what actually happened is the worst kind of fanboyism. Rossi's popularity with the masses dragged the sport kicking and screaming from the dark ages without a doubt take it from those of us who watched it happen"

Was it Rossi... or was it simply that no-one likes bloody Australians?

:biggrin:

Rossi played his part... the Rossi/Biaggi rivalry definitely helped as has the Rossi/Sete & Stoner/Rossi... a shame Rossi's not playing his part any more... thing is motorcycle sport as a whole hit a low in the mid 90's (the last recession coincidentally?)... then it all picked up... Walker/Hodgson in BSB... Fogarty/Slight in WSBK... I don't think Rossi can take the credit for a whole sport.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

This should be fun!

Hugelean, I have a question for you.

How does an increased viewing audience make the sport better for you and me?

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

How to improve Ducati's fortunes?

Simple really. Put Stoner back on it.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

can’t make a silk purse out of a pig’s ear

It’s fair to say that Stoner has proved he is a super-fast rider on the Honda this year as well as the Ducati. BUT the facts are that he won the world championship on the framed version of the Ducati and won less and less races every year thereafter as the bike changed and spat its riders off more – all complained of no feeling from the bike and no warning before they came off. Stoner’s wins actually flattered the bike and took away some of the attention from the other Duke riders who were failing to stay on it and finish races. The bike went backwards since they left the frame concept. The bike has altered this season and loads of areas have changed- the only thing that hasn’t been tried is a frame. By process of elimination the frame has to be where the difference will come from. Simple’s!

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Hugelean

Iv'e been watching this sport since 1988 I have followed the rise and falls of riders since then . I watch the sport because i enjoy motorcycle racing . I do not care for blow up dolls on cool down laps to disrepect another rider I do  not care for media friendly riders and I dont give a shit for football hooligan fans that Rossi has brought to MotoGP .When Rossi fans leave in the middle of a race because he has no chance in winning or boo other riders because they have upset Rossi is not the type of people I would have a beer and talk bikes with. The one Eyed Rossi lovers have slated Every rider that has beaten him They have created the Rossi haters . So as far as I'm concerned he has not done anything for the sport but done it for himself and his ego but good on him if you can do it

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

motogp fame

is because of rossi????? LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HIHIHIHIHIIIHIHHIHIH. maybe i'm lost, is this rehabilitation website??

how about agostini 15 times WC??? did he not brought fans to motogp??? doohan??? READ A LOT BANANA BOY!!!!

Reply to this Topic
RobinC

Sep 11

RobinC says:

Frame

Hugelean and Racingfan99 are spot on, it is beyond belief that Ducati can not see that the problem is the lack of a separate frame, wether made from carbon, alloy or plywood!

They have only had this problem since going to the principle of using the engine as a stressed member. The engine does not work well if it has flex so by its nature is solid, the frame needs flex, but how to achieve it? Clearly Ducati don't know and probably no one else does.  Its not that it can't be sorted, maybe it can by some form of future engineering but at this time, no one knows!

Hell, the Ducati even handled well with tubes! The sensible answer is simple, a separate engine and frame, be it alloy (the sensible route), tubes, or carbon.

The fanboys shouting Rossi or Stoner is irrelavent in this problem, any one with a brain can see the problem is the bike. 

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

A little bird told me that...

Valentino Rossi will test a full deltabox aluminium frame in Jerez later this week.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices