Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

Valentino Rossi will test a conventional deltabox aluminium chassis on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine in Jerez later this week after the Italian’s woeful 2011 continued at the Motorland Aragon. The new frame is similar to the concept used by Ducati’s Japanese rivals and it is the latest in a long line of radical changes introduced to give Rossi a bike he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 September 2011 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Occasion : Marquez moves to Honda MotoGP

Time & Date : Some time in the future

Marquez - "for sure it's fast but it doesn't turn in like my old Suter framed 600... all I do is crash... I don't think I can win on it."

Honda - "well Dani, the guy you're replacing, crashed a few times but managed several wins on it last year... he's not complaining." 

Marquez - "yes but I'm a 2 times world champion & I'm used to winning races. You must make it more like my moto2 bike?"

Honda - "Who do you think you are, Valentino Rossi?... it's a proven race winner!... learn to ride it or you're sacked!"

:biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

How many test days??

Surely Ducati is getting to their maximum number of days allowed to test the GP12 during the season with their factory riders. Or should I say "rider" since Hayden won't get to test it until the end of the season. I wish they would just go forward with the new frame so all the excuses can stop.

Reply to this Topic
mattbirt

Aug 02

mattbirt says:

Ducati tests

RawDawg

They've used 6 and you get 8. Hayden won't ride GP12 again the test in Valencia.

Cheers Matt

Reply to this Topic
phornsey

Nov 09

phornsey says:

I don't remember this much talk last year when honda threw 7 or 8 new frames to pedrosa to get him to the front.

why the hatred towards ducati / rossi for doing something similar

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Hey RawDawg

Why you not ask about the 13 to 19 frames HRC went through last year? Would you have labeled testing that many from Dani or Dovi or HRC as excuses?

Ducati is no where near what HRC did last year for the RCV. The thing is, it was never magnified by the press as it is now with Ducati. Most people did not even know about any development at HRC or the press did not focus on their development, other than the "magic gearbox" when it debut at Sepang.

Also, since when R & D means that you must get it right in a few tries. You of all people, who I consider knowledgeable ought to know better.

Ducati is trying to give their two riders what is best for their riding style today. Obviously they now realize that their style is not like Stacey. Give the Duc team a break and let them do their work. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

phornsey...

"why the hatred towards ducati / rossi for doing something similar"

I don't agree with the hatred but the ridicule is for the fact that with 9 podiums including 4 race wins for Dani last year they clearly worked. Please Ducati, keep trying... but get it right soon!

(thinks aside... hmmm, who else got 9 podiums last year? :huh:)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

''Give the Duc team a break and let them do their work''

No.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

This Ducati

is turning into a Yamaha.

RIP 'the beast'

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi

recently spotted rolling his 2009 title winning Fiat Yamaha out of a white van in front of a spraypainters in Tavullia, with a pot of red paint in his hand.

"No, I don't want to turn it into an M1, the GP16 is a proper prototype grand prix machine with it's own DNA. I need to adapt to it."

Whatever Valentino.....

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Hey Milkybars

I didn't ask how many frames HRC or Ducati has used because I don't give a shit. My post is concerning the GP12 - next year's bike and has fuck all to do with this year's bike. I'm pretty sure Ducati is getting to the limit of number of days for the 1000cc test with factory riders.

Yes, I do want Ducati to get rid of the CF frame so when they get their asses handed to them I don't want to hear any more excuses. Soon and very soon people are going to face the reality that Ducati are nothing more than the 3rd best manufacture in MotoGP and can only hope to sneak a title every decade like Suzuki. Stoner gave them a false impression of being a MotoGP powerhouse which we have found out it was more rider than manufacturer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices