Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

Valentino Rossi will test a conventional deltabox aluminium chassis on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine in Jerez later this week after the Italian’s woeful 2011 continued at the Motorland Aragon. The new frame is similar to the concept used by Ducati’s Japanese rivals and it is the latest in a long line of radical changes introduced to give Rossi a bike he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 September 2011 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rumple

Sep 09

Rumple says:

SV659Nut

It's weird how with one small post and never having met someone you can immediately tell they are a nice person. Nice to read a balanced response amongst all the bitterness and smugness.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

I'm not intersted

in any of the rather sad my favourite is better than yours so there nah nah nah nah nah nah playground nonsense. I am interested in, as has been mentioned earlier, how nobody was having a pop at HRC and Dani for trying 20 different chassis to get one that works for Dani. Neither has anyone accused Honda of turning their bike into a Honda M1 when they poached a load of Yamaha engineers/computer geeks. Stoner and Rossi are two very different characters and both mind bogglingly fast on 2 wheels. People can throw the 9 World Titles into the ring as often as they want but we should remember that had Casey had a bike that worked as well as the Honda and Yamaha's did then imo Rossi would not have the number of race or Championship wins as he does. However the present and I feel the future belong to Casey and I for one will not be in the least surprised to see him win more Championships than the great Mick Doohan.

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

bultoboy

take it your a Stoner fan not a bike racing fan! I didnt want to sink as low as most of the people on these forums but STOP TALKING SHIT BULTOBOY YOU CUNT!

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

EDDY998

if cf is the way foreward how come ducatis results went downhill and if it was that good honda would have a cf frame...

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

All this must be costing Ducati a fortune!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Eddy998

I take it your astounding assumption that carbon fibre is the way forward is based on years of first hand development and hands on practical application or could it be you have NO knowledge of what your talking about? Carbon fibre is a material that has certain benefits and certain downfalls. It definately NOT the answer in every application.

I work in high tech engineering including consultancy to the vehicle racing industry/ and gas turbine future development and can tell you for a fact that your comment is staggeringly nieve. Can you please tell me ANY carbon fibre conventionally suspended motorcycle that has EVER worked well and not had handling issues. Just one please. There are fundamental issues associated with carbon fibre frames.

Ducati developed these frames based on carbon carbon composites developed by ferrari. It gets around the delamination issues normally associated with carbon chassis but transmits high and low frequency vibration far more than conventional metal structure. Its brilliant where very high torsional resistance is needed but motorcycle chassis need inertia between the front and rear suspension points to damp out harshness. Carbon fibre is not a material that lends its self well to this so its use is somewhat flawed in that application.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

pacman46...

...i agree, must be young yutes watching and just supporting who ever is winning because i cant see where the rossi fans have gone lol. can you kids leave the forum and go watch cbeebies let people who know what theyre talking about step in. rossi ftw!!!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pacman - related to Supermario by chance?

You seem to have similar anger issues. Over and above which you've got the age thing 100% the wrong way around. It is precisely the young little cult of celebrity punks like you who have grown up watching nothing but Rossi that come out with the myopic GOAT stuff. The vast majority of older wiser individuals have been following the sport a damn sight longer than that. We have the ability to appreciate all the riders for their achievements despite the bigoted baseless slurs from the yellow stained knicker wearing brigade. Bulto is bang on, it's morons like you that make the schadenfreude even sweeter.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

''All this must be costing Ducati a fortune!''

Yep. So much that Italy's credit rating has been lowered by Standard&Poors.

Mort..........Dani isn't the alleged 'GOAT'. That's the difference bud.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

There are some baffling comments, not one jot of dissent when Ducati changed a winning formula into the the engines stress member layout and suddenly went backwards now they are trying to change a formula that doesn't work into one that does and your up in arms.. talk about arse about face.. Ducati are no more responsible for the the frameless bike than they are dyson suction technology and as such any attempts to suggest this is moving away form their DNA?? are just plain ignorant. Ducati owse nothin to the design they are just at the top of a long list of companies that haven't got it to work(it may not be possible.) But not quite as daft as the suggestions that Rossi is somehow designing his own deltabox to mimic yamahas..I haven;t come across one complaint for Honda having a twin spar.. The ducati will be 100% ducati designed by Presiozi to wrap around their own engine. It's taken him 3 years to admit one design doesn't work , he's not likely to build anything without his stamp on and he won't be building an inline 4, it'll have to be different to anything else out there to fit the ducati true dna in, the engine and of course there is no guarantee it will work...Although it is true he has had a lot of talks with Furusawa who has his own design consultancy... The rules/tyres dictate a very specific design brief Ducati have gone out of their way to go against it and had a torid time, now they are building their version of a regs driven design.. Personally can't wait to see what they come up with and suspect and hope they may change it to cf as soon as they know enough about it for the move to be a positive one.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices