Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

Valentino Rossi will test a conventional deltabox aluminium chassis on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine in Jerez later this week after the Italian’s woeful 2011 continued at the Motorland Aragon. The new frame is similar to the concept used by Ducati’s Japanese rivals and it is the latest in a long line of radical changes introduced to give Rossi a bike he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 September 2011 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Carbon Fibre

didn't stop Stoner winning 3 of last years last 6 races!!!!!!!!! What Rossi has done is destroy a winning bike, as far as I can see. He's got Ducati doing triple somersaults changing everything and is going slower. Hector Barbera on a 2 year old satellite bike is faster, it would seem. Heavier crankshafts, alloy frames, more alloy frames. more modifications. The bike was a winner and now it's a dog, well the factory bike anyway. Even Hayden seems to be going slower than he did last year. Maybe he's getting the benefit of some of Rossis' modifications!! Haha. I personally hope he moves on asap as it looks like next year is going to be more of the same and I don't think the new "cure all" twin spar alloy chassis will make any difference. Looks like he'll be wanting an in line 4 motor next!! Haha. The bottom line is, Rossi, unfortunately, can't ride the Desmo and I think Ducati should be looking to get someone that can! Stoner must be laughing to himself!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Pacman

You can sink as low as you want mate as it's no reflection on me - just you.

I've watched motorcycle sport since the 60s watching Saturday afternoon scrambles televised live on BBC. I watch anything from motox, speedway, trials, track racing and road racing. I'm not a 'fan' of any one rider and couldn't care less if you believe it or not.

Your angered response is predictable because you can't put a logical argument.

For the record, I am not bothered what Ducati do to get a bike at the front end of the grid again. I think it is a crying shame what is going on there at the moment. This season is written off and they may as well pull Rossi and Hayden out of the championship, call them test riders and let them bang around the track on the 1000 in the hope that they can get it working for next year. I can't see any point at all in them continuing with pratting about with the 800. If the 1000 development doesn't give them feedback for the 800, then what is the point of trying ideas on the 800 when they will race the 1000 next year.

Similarly I don't care how many frames or other bits they throw at it in an attempt to get it right. It takes what it takes, it's called development.

Rossi however, will not sort it, Ducati designers will and when they finally do he will be able to run at the front again. That will be their development, not his. Everything he has asked for he has got, so if he had all the answers for Yamaha and Honda's 'shit' bikes, where have all those answers gone for Ducati. He's pushed them backwards and has them running like headless chickens. Proof enough this year that he isn't responsible for creating winning bikes - factories are. What you need to wise up to is if you and others keep crediting Rossi with things he isn't responsible for, other people will contest it - it doesn't mean they are Stoner fans, but if you want to think like that it's up to you.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Who's the best developer

First off - Pacman yes Rossi is the 'alleged GOAT' but I for one hate that term. IMO there is no GOAT though if there was it would prolly be Mike Hailwood. IMO all a rider can aspire to be (Champion aside) is the best of their time. Rossi has been the best of his time but that time has, it would seem, past. Stoner is the best of his time (again just my opinion). Generally we don't see development being done in public. Obviously this year Ducati have had to take a very deep breath and do their development very publicly. So far things haven't worked out for them. Or rather they haven't worked out with the various incarnations of this years bike. History tells us that Rossi must have developmental skills or he prolly wouldn't have won so many races. The future will tell us how good his development skills are. More specifically how good they are in 2011/12 with Ducati. Finally a bike is not developed by one person. Rather it takes a team from the designer to the engineers, test riders and racers to develop. So perhaps the strongest teams go something like this; Honda Yamaha Suzuki/Ducati

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

SAME OLD

Time after time....Rossi deserves no credit for anything...yes he is simply just another Moto GP rider...done nothing for the sport whatsoever and has no idea when it comes to bike development.
Cant wait till the Ducati is sorted and we might get some decent racing again which most proper motorcycle race fans want!

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Sorry -

Sorry PaceyCasey. I meant you not Pacman. *looks at shoes and whistles*

Reply to this Topic
Dave Tuplin

Aug 02

Dave Tuplin says:

It's all about style.

Bultoboy, you nearly had a nice response there but the last paragraph let it down, "He's pushed them backwards and has them running like headless chickens. Proof enough this year that he isn't responsible for creating winning bikes - factories are.", might be my interpreatation but this is quite contradictory. Ducati are responsible for the mess they are in no matter what rider was doing what when. When a plthora of riders, including Casey, mentioned the front end feel issues they carried on regardless.

Rossi didn't get his 9 titles my accepting second best and if it takes a few toy evictions from the pram then so bit it, all riders need to tantrum at some stage. Ducati were lucky with Stoner, a young talent with a style that fell within one end of the bikes performance envelope at certain tracks but not others. His style is complimenting the Honda at every track this year.

One rider doesn't win a manufacturers title, many riders do that and in order to achieve that you need to manufacture a bike to suit many styles. Is CF the future, that what they said about the Elf hub centre wasn't it? Who knows but more knowledge is required to make it work in a motorcycle environment and not the relative simplicity of cars.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

well said

Mort77

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Yes, what Mort said is a good balanced opinion. The same view that I have put forward, which is that it is not singularly the rider that is responsible for producing a winning bike.

Reply to this Topic
twinkledh

Dec 10

twinkledh says:

respect

an over used word that is often used without much thought but demanded by people whom dont seem to realise its reciprocal.

i look at the guys out in motogp and bloody hell i wish i had just a fraction of their skill. some of the posts on these pages seem to lose site of the sport as a whole. i tune in and marvel at the riders skill, put all of the riders on the same bike and it would be very close. all of the bikes change from year to year, one riders performance on a bike cannot be compared to the years before. its all just a load of subjective nonsense!

i would rather bike racing did not morph into something akin to the tribalism of football. ducati seem to be going south, suzuki maybe leaving, what king of sport are we going to be left with? 

moto 2 has been at times, breathtaking, more sensible debate on how motogp can reproduce that and less my guy is better than yours would be preferable. some of that is interesting but so much seems to have got silly and lost site of the special talents on show in motogp.

a question to you all, who will be the next rider from our shores who will chalenge at the sharp end of motogp. i long for the day when i can see a british rider give stoner, lorenzo et al a bloody hard time!  

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Its good to see

that just about everybody on here has strong feelings about Ducati.

There`s the Ducati enthusiasts, like me, who would love to see Rossi winning on one. I`m a bit depressed by the current situation.
Then there`s the people who are just plain angry that Ducati are way back, posting vicious remarks about Rossi/Burgess/Ducati management/The Pope and anyone else who they can blame.
The die hard Stoner fans who populate any thread about Ducati. (Where`s the Honda/Stoner discussion boards, he is after all on the verge of a great championship win).?
The trellis frame may have gone. The CF Airbox Frame may be gone.....but the Passion is clearly still there in bucket loads, and I`m very happy about that. 
There must be a tiny tiny tiny number of people on here who wish Rossi/Ducati further torment......but they`re still here posting day after day!! Dedication as well as Passion!!

There`s those that question why nobody complained about Dani getting all those frames last year.......the answer is simple. We are talking about Honda.
When the news flash came across our screens, "HONDA HAS NEW FRAME"....nobody cared.
Its Honda.

I`m a long time Ducati owner and very biased you understand! No dis-respect to Honda owners intended, I`ve owned a Honda and I liked it, but I couldn`t love it. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices