Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

Valentino Rossi will test a conventional deltabox aluminium chassis on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine in Jerez later this week after the Italian’s woeful 2011 continued at the Motorland Aragon. The new frame is similar to the concept used by Ducati’s Japanese rivals and it is the latest in a long line of radical changes introduced to give Rossi a bike he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 September 2011 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dave Tuplin

I agree with what you say.

Stoner managed to get a set up at times that enabled him to get results, sometimes he binned it but quite often, he was out in front when he binned it. He was generally bloody fast on it. Even so, he was telling Ducati that the front wasn't right but instead of this being seen as positive feedback in an attempt to imrove or develop the bike, he was accused of moaning (on here) and called a crasher (Rossi was 'inside his head')

With Stoner, some on this forum continually question his development skills and criticise him for taking Ducati in the wrong direction. About not caring about other riders being able to ride it (which of them do) and turning the bike into an under-performing, ill-handling dog. The usual phrase is 'jumped ship and left Rossi with a pig bike'.

Nearly 12 months later, with the greatest ever development rider on board, Ducati have made no improvement at all and I think backwards is not an exaggeration to be honest, especially in relation to the satellite bikes. But because it is Rossi who is now the rider, it isn't him that is leading Ducati even further down the wrong path. It is all Ducati's fault.

And that is the way it is on this forum with one rule for one, another for the other in this continuing Rossi / Stoner shite.

I understand perfectly how a bike is developed with contributions from an entire team. Some on here, with the yellow tints, do not.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Rumble...

Thank you for the complement. I always try, but oft times I fail. If there is anything “nice” in me I honestly can’t take any credit for it. It came from somewhere else…

(WARNING –  the following link is my short story, if you are offended by non-motorcycle content linked to from a motorcycle chat site please don’t bother to click!)

http://isgodreal-sv650nut.blogspot.com/  

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I really do hope they get the bike sorted as it isn't going to be good for Motogp if they don't. The races will be between 2 Yamahas and 2 Hondas and probably only 1 Yamaha out of the 2 will be in with a realistic chance.

If Ducati struggle again next year, will anyone want a customer bike thereafter and will Ducati even be able to carry on in Motogp, the expense must be horrific. 2013 and no Ducatis? I doubt for a single second it will impact on road bike sales if they continue to struggle or pull out. How many owners have even heard of MotoGP?

If they do finally manage to design a bike that can be ridden successfully by Rossi, Hayden or whoever, it is what the sport needs. Hopefully Suzuki could join them too.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Toby Moody

Article on Ducati  -  doesn't really say anything really. Disagree with one thing though when he says the lack of front feel from a dirt bike helped Stoner with his style on the Ducati. Moody has obviously never ridden an enduro or motox bike in anger to come out with that.

http://plus.autosport.com/free/feature/3883/why-ducati-isnt-winning-anymore/

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

development with your hands tied behind your back

Its all well and good to ridicule Rossi and Burgess over the backwards progress of the bike this year and its fair to say it has gone backwards. But the problem with that is how do you cure a flawed design?

The best setters up of a bike in the last decade couldnt solve it and have had to swallow their pride and admit theyve failed. Surely that tells everyone whilst the Ducati looked radical and abit different from the norm it just wasnt good enough. Yes stoner went best on it but he never looked that comfortable on it even when he won.

No IMO it would be just to call Rossi and Burgess if theyed developed it from scratch but that wasnt the case was it.

i have to laugh at some of the bollocks talked when it comes to road bikes too. Some piss poor bikes are classed as being better than the japanese machine because theyve got sole etc and the jap stuff leaves them feeling cold  What that actually means is the Italian stuff has issues that scare you so therefore its good?? but the Jap bikes that just work and anyone can ride are poor?? what utter bollocks

So if Ducati have to lose their sole etc to make a competitive bike so what, The mistyeyed lovers of sole and character will still by their bikes ,do about five miles to the local bike meet and then lock them back up at the first sign of rain. The Ducati brand is more a status symbol for the rich these days

The jap stuff is cheaper to buy costs less to service last longer and are easier to ride.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

I also read that article earlier. With the title 'Why Ducati isn't winning anymore' .. it doesn't give much reason.

Reply to this Topic
JohnKip

Sep 11

JohnKip says:

Humble Pie

I've been a Rossi fan since his 125 days and thought he would do ok on the Ducati. What do I know eh?

Stoner, I owe you a massive apology, you are so much better than I've ever given you credit for.

Hope they sort the Duke out soon I always have problems with the richest team winning by a landslide in any sport, even though it's bound to happen more often than not.

Stoner deserves the title this year he's shown everyone how to do it, those out of shape slo-mos at Indy were amazing.

Reply to this Topic
sydneychris

Mar 11

sydneychris says:

Now Ducati is fucked no matter what happens ...... if the bike works straight away and rossi is up the front...the new road bike coming out end of the year has a frame concept that even rossi can't make go fast, good luck selling those..............and if it doesn't work...well then they are just fucked

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No-one is going to have to worry whether their road bike has handling issues as no-one is going to be pushing it hard enough to find out - no matter what the testoterone tossers and knee down around roundabout wannabes will have you believe.

As someone else has said, most of them wobble to the local bike meet on them and wobble home again - about 3 times a year when it's not raining. I don't think sales will be affected. Most probably don't know what a frame is. They just want a status symbol and a blingy pose on the pub car park.

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

johnkip

well said, couldnt agree more.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle