Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to test deltabox aluminium frame

Valentino Rossi will test a conventional deltabox aluminium chassis on Ducati’s factory GP12 machine in Jerez later this week after the Italian’s woeful 2011 continued at the Motorland Aragon. The new frame is similar to the concept used by Ducati’s Japanese rivals and it is the latest in a long line of radical changes introduced to give Rossi a bike he...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (20 September 2011 11:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LairdShingleton

Sep 11

Rossi is not a great deveoplment rider by any standard im sorry guys but a great rider of our times---just my opinon

He Knows what it takes to make a bike go fast ---no matter the machine the same formula -build the bike the same as the last one i rode for the other team and were all good ----It wins championships and right from jerry mouth we need to go back to what is a base setting in engineering tec and move forward slowly

What you need is to be able to ride around the problems while getting them fixed and still getting results--Stoner did it by riding on the rear wheel most of the time --------jamie witham did it by a crazey riding style on the suzuki and our three  best ever --Ron haslam and Joey Dunlop and Mike hailwood------remember the ELF project in the 80s and the modern superbike molded around Joey Dunlop or how the Heck did Mike ever get results on a crazy honda 6 that know one even today could do a lap that quick on that bike -just an animal ----get some old guy to lend you a Honda six and if you dont turn pale in the first mile your doing ok

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Toby Moody

@Bultoboy

For Toby Moody to say that Rossi has to "un-Stoner" the Ducati is a huge slap in the face for Casey and his team who overcame everthing from a screamer engine that tried to high-side him, to the carbon fibre that tried to low-side him, to Prezio's stubborness, and a shoe-string budget.

In the Stoner vs. Rossi debate, Toby Moody's objectivity is guaranteed.  Check out this quote on the front page of his official website (www.tobymoody.co.uk) .

“Many other commentators start good and then drop off, but you remained at the same level for all of the years we’ve been together, always at the top. Thank you so very much”  (signed Valentino Rossi)

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

I said it...

I said it ages ago, he needs a deltabox......

Reply to this Topic
CMB155

Sep 11

CMB155 says:

Its always darkest before the dawn

:D

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Moody

To be fair to him, I don't think the 'un-Stoner' comment was meant in a derogatory sense, just another way of saying turning the bike into something Rossi can ride.

I agree though, he has banged on about Rossi in the past and along with Ryder and Spalding, has overdone it on the 'magic' that is Rossi. They are though having to come round to the fact that all is not as it seemed and they are finally having to give Stoner the credit he deserves for what he has achieved. They are both fantastic riders, there's just a bit more hype around one of them. Remains to be seen whether the new delta box frame will give him the improvement they are looking for.

It was still a 'nothing' article though, I thought there was going to be some inside information on which the title of the article was based.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Its very unlikely.

What Dorna did for Suzuki last year give them an extra 9 engines to stay competitive they won't do it this time for Ducati they are bending the rulebook IMO.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I think there is lot of confusion from Casey's fans as too what folk mean when talking about his ducati days in anything but utter adoration.. Everyone knows that compared to the other duke riders and to Rossi even(though by how much is difficult to say for many reasons..), Casey was incredible on the ducati, as he is on the honda. WE ALL GET THAT. it is not in question. What folk outside of the stoner community are looking at are his results in relation to the championship because that is how they measure other favourite riders performances or tema mates or whatever, Rossi in particular.. Now in realation to the championship Casey was a poor 4th two years running and as a factory no 1 rider the worst performing in the championship( I don't include Suzki, factory maybe but uptil this year the 'effort ' bit was suspect :-)) Everyone was screaming for Dani to get the sack when he was 3rd or 4th in the hunt and certainly last year even after all the injuries Rossis' career was apparently over because he was 3rd in the title hunt.. It is not a slight on Casey he did a wonderful job on that duke and he is showing on the honda just how good he can be it;s just the reality of looking at it from two different view points.. There isn't a stoner fan out there who compares Rossis' results to his Ducati team mates, but rather to the championship and especially Casey, yet comparisons with Casey last year and the year before and Rossi on the yam for the last two season and even with a the nightmare Rossi had him way ahead.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

rossie

lets hope he never yes never gos to WSB he will  soon bleep it up with demands i want this i want that,Dave,WSB and 500 gp fan.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Casey was a poor 4th two years running

What does this make Rossi's 6th ? Stoner's least points scored in one season was 220, it looks like Rossi won't even make it to 170 at this rate.

Anyway, regarding Rossi.. i think it would be a great shame if he retired with the way his performances are. He has had a great and extremely fortunate career, and to go out like this would just be a bit of a downer on the whole thing. To be brutally honest, i don't think Rossi should even consider retiring next year. Like i have said before, he's 32 .. not 70. I would have thought last year he'll continue, maybe until he's 35 and then possibly go to WSB. Age is no excuse, look at Bayliss. and Bayliss couldn't have retired at a better time.. that'll be remembered.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

The confusion is many Rossi fans are guilty of creating the Stoner fans . Some people are just sick of hearing how Rossi is the GOAT the development rider of the century the man that is bigger to MotoGP . Not only Stoner fans get sick of it bike racing fans do too. When your on top there is only one way to fall and it happens to the best

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices