Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: ‘Winning title at Phillip Island would be fantastic’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: ‘Winning title at Phillip Island would be fantastic’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: ‘Winning title at Phillip Island would be fantastic’

Casey Stoner says winning his second MotoGP world crown in front of his home fans at Phillip Island next month would be 'fantastic.' The Repsol Honda rider dominated the Motorland Aragon race last weekend to increase his lead over reigning world champion Jorge Lorenzo to 44-points. With the Japanese round at the Twin Ring Motegi up next, it is possible that Stoner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 September 2011 13:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

And so it should be..

Without doubt Casey deserves the title this year....not even by winning but through the consistency he has shown best bike or not. We look at other great riders on the same bike eg dovi, pedrosa and super sic and they usually can't get close. Hard for me saying that as a rossi fan..lol. But congrats to Casey and can't see him throwing this one away to lorenzo...now give us a smile would ye =D..lol

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

He should be thanking Rossi...

... if it hadn't been for him Stoner could have been wrapping the title up in Japan rather than at his home race. But lets not count chickens just yet eh... t'ain't over till it's over!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

sparky

Don't take my Rossi comments seriously, there just a bit of fun and obviously a wind up.

I doubt Stoner will be taking Adriana with him to Japan, but i can see him winning the next 3 if im honest. 5 on the bounce at philip island would be quality. Cannot wait to see him drifting over lukey heights, and the left hander before Honda Corner.

Reply to this Topic
sparky16

Sep 07

sparky16 says:

True

Yes very true....anything could happen but just don't see it with the consistency he's shown this year but thats not to say he can't get a knock going into the first corner, fall off and break a leg. Or for that matter contract a mystery illness! ...just joking btw!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Two more wins.

The title is his I obviously don't like to say that and the rest what I am gonna say the season what Lorenzo had last year Stoner is having the same apart from the one non finish at Jerez where he was not at fault.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

As 'hedgehog' says, 'it aint over yet'.

How good  must it be to win the WC in front of your own fans! Mind blowing? Awesome? That would have to be the biggest rush ever!

Reply to this Topic
RossiDukeBiker46

Jul 10

Hopefully not, lets hope Honda fail...

At least if Moaner did win at home he might have more fans to cheer him on. It would be nice to see Honda,fail at the last minute a give the title to Yamaha but Stoner has had easily the vest bike all year and Honda will just throw everything at it now to win. Maybe next year they might have to rave for it against competitive bikes not just stroll to it like Ducati 2007. Thank god these 800's are on the way out.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

@yam3358

I agree that's going to be pretty sweet- I spent about an hour watching that clip you posted the other day

here for anyone who missed it.  

Even as a yellow tshirt owner I had a laugh at the other one, but I'm not gonna give the link to that:) 

Stoner deserves the title-he's ridden a faultless season, if rossi hadn't got the red mist and taken him out like an utter nob he could have podiumed every round. 

And on top of that now casey isn't seriously ill funnily enough he's lightened up aswell. 

I look forward to lorenzo catching him up so we get to find out who's the best head to head racer

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

RDB

You 'aint a racing fan and i doubt ever will be. But you will ALWAYS be a prick bud.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

please

can we have one thread that doesn't get bogged down in this ridiculous argument...please.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle