Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati Diavel is MCN's Machine of the Year New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati Diavel is MCN's Machine of the Year

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati Diavel is MCN's Machine of the Year

The rule-changing Ducati Diavel has scooped Machine of the Year in the prestigious 2011 MCN Awards. The awards were presented earlier this evening at a glittering dinner where the cream of the motorcycle industry met with senior members of the MCN team. The 162bhp Diavel redefined the cruiser class in 2011 with unprecedented performance and handling. MCN Editor and head of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 September 2011 11:56)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattofasto

Aug 02

mattofasto says:

???

What are you so upset about Doomed?

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

mattofasto

There were about four comments deriding this accolade MCN has given Ducati for the Diavel and the apparent favouritism MCN seems to show towards Ducati. As you can see those comments have now been removed which is what also happened on the "Dealer offers lifetime warranty on new bikes" article when the all the comments were critical of the offer.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Pedbaker

Sep 04

Pedbaker says:

Deleted posts

We've taken the decision to delete a number of posts from this story as we did not consider them to be appropriate. Disagreeing with the decision for our 'machine of the year' award is one thing, accusing MCN of "being in the manufacturer's pockets" is another. If you walked into a pub and started mouthing off about what a rubbish place it was you'd expect to be kicked out. This is MCN's pub. If you don't like it, I invite you to drink somewhere else. Ped Baker Deputy Editor MCN

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

I've never seen any favouritism on this site, Ducati are in the news a lot lately because...they've been doing a lot lately. Not sure you should delete posts, don't worry we're a discerning bunch we know idiots when we see them. Back to the point at hand, bike of the YEAR to Diavel, I agree, broken the mould in a way nothing has since the S1000RR. Best bike out there at the moment? Not sure, depends what your after but definitely agree bike of the year.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Pedbaker

What about the posts on the  "Dealer offers lifetime warranty on new bikes" article, what do they have to do with the "being in manufactures pockets" accusation? Those posts were just pointing out what a worthless offer it seemed to be.

Is being critical no longer allowed?

Reply to this Topic
Jimmycathcart

Aug 09

Saw the carbon edition up close at the Fimber cafe in Yorkshire last week. Always loved the look in glossy mags but I was a bit disappointed with the overall looks of the bike in the flesh. From some angles it was distinctly ugly, obviously I've never ridden the machine which is what really matters. If it was up to me I would have picked the new Aprilia Tuono RSV4 just in front of the Triumph Speed Triple, now I have twisted the throttle on both of these bikes. I'm now just waiting for the snow to get a good deal on a Tuono.

Reply to this Topic
100milesaway

Mar 09

100milesaway says:

EH

How can that be I have never even seen one on the road., how many have been sold?, not many me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! has the biking world gone mad?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Fine, but.....

It just goes to show how bad the industry is at the moment, The choice is limited so a totally new type of bike is a breath of fresh air and probably deserves some sort of accolade. For me its not a bike I would buy but it's a bike and anything with Two Wheels is good. (with an engine and deffo no Lycra!!!)

Reply to this Topic
HerbertChapman

Sep 10

Suggesting that MCN is in Ducati's

pocket is scurrilous, probably libelous and downright unfair. We all know it's Triumph they're in cahoots with :-)

Reply to this Topic
mattofasto

Aug 02

mattofasto says:

Ugliest bike of the year ever, but...

I don't really think MCN is in Ducati's pocket. Everyone has a soft spot for Ducati surely, as the bikes are so different and exotic even if they're not practical for everyone. I love them for their Italian-ness and for the fact that a 900SS flat out down the Walsall Road on Contis is one of the things that got me into bikes. I actually agree with Herbert that Triumph seem to win most group tests, (apart from my poor old Sprint GT, which I love by the way) even though they don't inspire the same lust as Ducati, Aprilia, MV Agusta and other sports bikes. I have to say that I find the Diavel pretty ugly and any naked 160hp bike seems a bit pointless, but it's clearly unique and I'm sure it's fun to ride, so I wouldn't argue with the decision.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices