Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha will have no hesitation in implementing controversial team orders if required to help Jorge Lorenzo successfully defend the MotoGP world title in 2011. The Spaniard trails Honda rival Casey Stoner by a massive 44-points with only four races remaining and Yamaha management have confirmed that if necessary they will ask Ben Spies to help Lorenzo in the final phase of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 4 years ago (21 September 2011 15:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I totally understand the team orders debate but if I was I rider I wouldn't want it an to be honest I think Lorenzo is weak for asking for team orders. It's only my opinion and best of luck to him to scrap it out but stoner is un-catchable now, he ain't gonna start crashing as he is too head strong to let pressure get to him.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Never...

No one should ever ask a rider to sacrifice his race to help another - ever.

On the other hand, if a rider, of his on volition, decides to help his teammate and/or sponsor by doing what he can, that is another matter.

I'm sure Ben would help Jorge if the situation were right, but not in such a way as to let it be known by the public.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ben will help.

Yeah I agree in any way he can but also he will want to do himself a favour as well and finish the season strongly.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

No team orders.

Riders know their job race their own race and make sure he don't wipe his team-mate out I thought Yamaha don't issue orders and they should not it will be a boring spectale if this happened come on Jarvis don't do this.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jimmy66

Feb 09

jimmy66 says:

How?

Pointless story

Hows Spies gonna help? He's never anywhere close to Stoner to slow him down.

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Team orders or no team orders - lets face it, Lorenzo aint got a chance this season. Wish it was a bit closer though but 44 points is a hell of a deficit

Reply to this Topic
concerned

Feb 09

concerned says:

team orders

So Jorge, how does it feel to be World Champion? Knowing you only won because Ben slowed down and let you past. Pity you couldn't win it on your own merit!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Team orders

We prolly all remember Colin Edwards at Qatar when he stayed behind Sete to try and help him win the Championship. Edwards should have won that race. Then there was the race at Philip Island? I think it was a 125 race. Anyway the important thing is that somehow the pit crew managed to tell the rider that he 'needed' to 'help' his team mate. The first example there is of a rider choosing, of his own volition to help his team mate. Which imo is fine. The second is a team telling one rider to help his team mate, which imo is wrong. Motogp is a team sport but the first rule is beat your team mate. The second is beat everyone else on the same bike. The third is beat everyone else. I can understand that Yamah would want to retain the number 1 plate but winning by using team orders would be a very shallow victory indeed. Good job they ain't gonna win then!

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Richard1967

I remember the 'team orders' race you refer to well. It was Donington 1993 when Slight had Russell well beaten after Foggys famous tumble down Craner Curve whilst leading.

Aaron was 'pissed off' to say the least, and so to were the crowd, as it felt like Kawasaki cheated, even though they did nothing wrong.

As a side note, aaron is a neighbour of mine, and see him regularly around town with his young family looking very fit and healthy. Sorry to digress..............

Reply to this Topic
Oafski

Nov 07

Oafski says:

vtwinmark

Good to hear that Aaron Slight is ok. Another good bloke that got the dirty end of the stick.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices