Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha will have no hesitation in implementing controversial team orders if required to help Jorge Lorenzo successfully defend the MotoGP world title in 2011. The Spaniard trails Honda rival Casey Stoner by a massive 44-points with only four races remaining and Yamaha management have confirmed that if necessary they will ask Ben Spies to help Lorenzo in the final phase of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 September 2011 15:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

if thats the case why dont they give tech 3 the same bikes as the works squad, it makes sense four bikes giving you more data

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Team orders .... LOL

Spies will tow the corporate line without being told. My favorite team order was another Yamaha job. Donington Park 19 something? Was it 93 even? Kenny Roberts signalling Luca Cadalora "2nd OK" to help Rainey win the race and increase his point advantage over Schwantz. Cadalora cruised up behind a struggling Rainey and then in typical Cadalora style 4 or 5 laps from the end passed and pissed all over Rainey. Wayne took it well.... disappointed in losing the extra few points, but understanding a former champions ultimate desire to win whenever possible. On the opposite end of the spectrum....... The look on King Kenny's face as Luca not only passed Wayne but pissed off in the distance was priceless! Post race interviews with Roberts were just as epic... although as evidenced in Misano a couple weeks ago, all is forgiven. Though that was also going to be a Cadalora victory regardless of the tragedy taking place with regard to hero Rainey. Cadalora wearing a hole in his fairing carving past Schwantz to take victory. Rainey destined to end 3rd on the day but his determination to stay in the lead ended in disaster not only for him but GP racing as a whole. Rainey vs Schwantz was over; Rainey vs Doohan was only about to begin. As for Luca...... still regarded as coolest dude in the paddock.... I have witnessed King Kenny giving Jamie Whitham some stick after a few glasses of red, can't imagine the exchange between him and Cadalora............ No worries Mr. Jarvis, Jorge pretty much has the measure of Big Ben.... Stoner is the problem.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

He could help Flo though!

Can't believe there is a debate as to whether Spies should slow down to help George out!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

rossi's jerk fans

well, you should ask mr. 9 times WC, "WHAT IS TEAM ORDER MEANS???" YOU ASK COLLIN, YOU ASK HAYDEN AND YOU ASK ALL HIS TEAMMATE BEFORE THEM.

DON'T TALK ABOUT TEAM ORDER LIKE SOMETHING DISGUST THINGS WHEN YOUR ASS DEVELOPER RIDER 9 TIMES LUCKY WC MR. rASSi, ALWAYS APPLY THAT ALL THIS YEAR!!!!!!

thank you.

Reply to this Topic
Flipslats

Aug 11

Flipslats says:

Motoking -

You're a cock...

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

VTwinmark

I remember Aaron being really hacked off with John Kozinski (I know I spelled it wrong) in 1997. JK had won the title and Aaron was set to finish second (if memory serves) but only if he finished ahead of JK. Well John didn't play ball and won the race ahead of Slight. At the time I was annoyed as JK had already wrapped up the title and Castrol Honda could have had a 1-2 in the Championship. IMO Slight should have been at least a one time WSB Champion, if not more. He was a better rider than Foggy but as we all know Ducati had an unfair advantage thanks to the rules at the time. It's good to know he's fit, healthy and hopefully happy - he's one of my favourite all time riders. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

Dont think it will help!

I dont think team orders will help Jorge now.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Too hypothetical to worry about

I agree adam15 ...... Casey would have to score zero points in the next 2 rounds for there to be even the suggestion of team orders, and even then I'm not so sure that Ben would pay attention to them until the last lap of the last race.  If pipping Jorge at the line was the difference between him or Casey winning the championship then he may think about it, otherwise this is a total non-issue.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Lin Jarvis is such a weazel.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Do the Maths, Guys ...

Barring some absolute disaster for Stoner - like another "red mist" job from another rider or mechanical malfunction - it is basically a done deal and all over. Arnold22 - you neglected to mention that Stoner also won at Motegi last season on the Desmo - so that is also a "favoured" Stoner circuit, along with Phillip Island.

By my reckoning, Stoner only has to finish no better than 3rd in the last 4 Rounds to clinch the Championship. Considering the only time he has EVER been off the Podium this year was @ Jerez with a DNF when nerfed by an over-excited Rossi, so statistically he is absolutely in the box seat. Jarvis is merely hoping against hope here - but it isn’t ever really over till it's over, eh?

Speaking of Team orders versus individual riders and their personal motivations: – who could forget Eddie Lawson dribbling around in a vain attempt to get Mick Doohan further up the points to thwart Wayne Rainey in the 1992 Title chase. It should have been Doohan’s first BIG year – running away with it, he won the first 4 x Rounds and then got 2 x 2nds before almost losing his leg after his Assen crash. He missed the Dutch GP and the next 4 x Rounds too and crawled back onto the NSR to try and pip Rainey in the last 2 x Rounds. Lawson and Rainey detested each other – still do.

In his last year and on the Cagiva, Eddie did everything at the penultimate Race in Brazil to get Doohan up. It wasn’t quite enough with Lawson finishing in 11th and Doohan in 12th - and the Aussie getting 6th in South Africa. Rainey won Brazil and came 3rd @ the RSA and took the Title by just 4 points – 140 to Doohan’s 136. Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices