Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha ready for team orders to help Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha will have no hesitation in implementing controversial team orders if required to help Jorge Lorenzo successfully defend the MotoGP world title in 2011. The Spaniard trails Honda rival Casey Stoner by a massive 44-points with only four races remaining and Yamaha management have confirmed that if necessary they will ask Ben Spies to help Lorenzo in the final phase of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 September 2011 15:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

Lin Jarvis is a wanker. He couldn't manage a lap dance in a brothel. He also personally botched the Rossi/Lorenzo relationship. @Aquarius....I don't think Rainey/Lawson detest each other now. They're pretty friendly at Laguna and the Faster movie showed them on good terms...go-kart racing etc. I think both have changed (esp Rainey) and prob don't have time for that stuff now.

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

banned

Team orders MUST be banned...for the integrity of the sport...

If team orders are allowed then it really is motogp becoming formula 1.

And with moto2 been so good...it could end up been the premier class   to watch anyway.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

This day came very quickly

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!  Team orders from Lorenzo......HaHaHa!!!! He wanted Rossi to do it last year, Rossi defied him, and Yamaha choose their new poster boy. What has he done lately. Inability to get major Sponsor. His debriefs for 2011 for the 800cc resulted in Yamaha going back to Rossi and JB's bike. Kept the wall, not wanting Spies to poach his data. Enacted the team order command last race as he quite angrily and frantically waved Ben to stay behind him. Probably ran, complaining to Management as Jarvis is backing him up to enact team orders on Ben Spies.

Sure Yamaha made the young choice, but my bet is that this two face piece of shit will run from the Yamaha M1 1000cc as fast as he can when his contract expires. Howdy Honda RCV213. Yamaha M1 just don't seem like the bike they were last year when Rossi was their lead rider. You got what you wanted Jorge, now show your prowness or piss off. Don't depend on others for your results. Bring it FFS!!!!. 

It will surely be fucked up to see Spies staying behind him here on out. Even worse is if Spies can get a win, but knows that giving Jorge 1st place will give Jorge 5 extra points. Makes me want Lacey Stacey to win it all. Fuck you Yamaha!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

46 wins from No. 46

Nuff said!!!! Who da man!!!

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Being honest.

Lorenzo made himself look like a complete twat when he waved his hand to Ben I really hope Ben bashes him in any of the races what are left.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Sadly though, Ben won't

He is a Company man and seem afraid. His approach thus far in Motogp is as though he is in awe, instead of going at it like his AMA and WSBK days.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Aquarius

I distinctly remember an interview on the season revue Duke video of 1990 when Lawson and Rainey were teammates. Lawson as World Champ had an appallingly unlucky year with injury missing the entire first half of the season. Being skittled by one M Doohan in Japan who lost the front on the anchors and then having his brake pads fall out in practice a couple of G.P's later. Anyway Lawson stated it would be nice if he could help Rainey when he came back from injury. Which he duly did on one or two occasions riding shotgun. Lawson was not normally one for political speak, so perhaps the animosity came after 1990. Or does it go way back to their Kawasaki days?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Jealousy.

More like Milkybars when he saw "Elbowz" hit the lead when he outrode Stoner and his team-mate in the very first turn at Aragon #11 is a team player and he will want to anything to make sure he beats his team-mate. JL a talented rider but like I said he is a complete twat and he always will be when Rossi trounced him at the Japanese GP last year he went complaining to Yamaha management and Jarvis listens more like he is blowing hot air up Lorenzo's arse, Spies is my fav rider and I don't want him to fall victim of listening to team orders I hope he gives him the Rossi treatment from last year at Japan.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

Thanks – good to hear, cthwaites...

It’s always sad when competitiveness & changing fortune wrecks friendships. Lawson was the reigning Champ when Rainey was first teamed with him @ Kawasaki for the 1982 AMA SBK. At that time both were firm friends. Lawson won the AMA Title again that year too and then left to go to GP.

They were together again in Sister teams on Yamahas in 1988 when Lawson already had 2 x GP World Titles (Lawson with Marlboro/Agostini & Rainey with Lucky Strike/Roberts) and at this stage were still good mates. Lawson took the Title again that year while Rainey finished 3rd. Lawson then went off to Rothmans/Kanemoto on a Honda NSR and triumphed with a 4th World Championship. Then things started to go awry for the pair’s friendship... You are right, Nostro – but something went bad in 1990?

Both rode together in the same outfit for 1990 – the so-called Marlboro/Roberts “Dream Team”. With 2 x Rounds to go @ BRNO, Rainey won and was declared the World Champion. Despite finishing 3rd on the day, Lawson left the circuit immediately and didn’t even bother to take his place or appear on the Podium. He had endured a shocking year having to DNS at the first 2 Rounds and then being injured and out for the next 5 x Rounds. At season’s end he came in 7th – getting 2 x 2nd’s but unable to win a single Race - with just 118 points to Rainey’s 255. It was all too much to bear when the apprentice beat the master and he left to go and ride the beautiful but uncompetitive Cagiva V591/592 for 1991 and 1992.

Lawson took one last Win (his 31st) in 1992 in Hungary, cannily starting on slicks when everyone else went with full wets. Just B4 half distance, Lawson trailed the field by over 60 seconds and then the rain stopped. Gaining some 10 seconds per lap, Lawson sailed past leaders Doug Chandler & Randy Mamola to take the Win. Cagiva Boss, Claudio Castiglioni was so chuffed he rushed out and bought Eddie a brand spanking new Ferrari Testarossa! There’s a lesson there for those who slagged Hayden and Stoner for picking it wrongly at the last Donington British GP. Hero or Zero – choose? Glad these two giants of road racing have overcome their mutually-destructive competitiveness. Lawson & Rainey were truly inspirational and should be comfortable with each other. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

”In my opinion the team should have every right to decide the strategy as it sees fit and I don’t think it is for the public to decide what is the strategy of a manufacturer and a team.” jesus like in all other aspect of modern life, lose of sense, Like Moto GP race is not for public than way they bother themself whit TV session and sale tickets, all that sponssors which logo's is stick on bikes and bikers for who, for them or public .... Jarvis needs to ask the runners, whether they want to be racing at the track without the audience because the audience and this is not required, we only considered in decision-making team ..boolok's

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices