You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Offence Codes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bigtasty65

Jul 10

bigtasty65 says:

Offence Codes

Can anyone please tell me what the Offence Code A1604 means? I've just been caught earlier on today, by the North Wales Police for being a naughty boy on the A55. I've been issued with a fixed penalty notice of £60 and 3 penalty points. I have to say that the two officers who stopped me were very lenient and nice guys(believe it or not). I obviously know what I did, but I'm wondering if the A1604 code generalises the offence for the insurers?? Please help:upset: 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 September 2011 22:46)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Offence Codes

That is not a speeding offence code - they begin with SP.  A-prefix codes cover accident related offences like failing to stop after an accident or failing to give details etc...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

A1064?

purely an ADMIN code, until the little bugers gather enough evidence to screw you....then you'll get a SP code:  (got to ask, what speed were you doing and in what limit??)  70mph in a 40mph?

sp codes and a good lawyer to

lets us knwo how it goes

Reply to this Topic
bigtasty65

Jul 10

bigtasty65 says:

Offence Codes

Thanks for your replies and sorry for the delay in responding. My offence was that I undertook a row of cars in front of me - not realising there was an unmarked police car in the middle of them. Having passed them, I got back into the overtaking lane and accelerated to 90mph. It was only after 2 miles that I realised there was a police car behind me with his lights on. After some verbal ear bashing from the officers they said they were going to be very lenient and issue me with a fixed penalty of 3 points and £60 fine(with the code of A1604 written on it). Plus a warning notice of vehicle confiscation if caught offending any road users in the next twelve months. I'm just worried what that code means when telling my insurers. Cheers 

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

i guess it could be for you undertaking ?  as they can do you for that as well as the speeding.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices