Skip to content

Discuss This MPs to join day of protest General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > MPs to join day of protest

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

MPs to join day of protest

MPs are set to join bikers in nationwide protests over restrictive new regulations from Europe. They will take part in a demonstration this Sunday consisting of over 100 coordinated protest rides on motorways across the country. The action is opposing a raft of European Commission proposals including ABS and anti-tampering measures on new bikes. At least four MPs are to join...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 September 2011 11:17)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Chin strap tightened...

lets go riding this Sunday, think I will be out on the M25 for this one.

I am soo fed up with all these f%@.-- rules coming at us from every angle, just let people live their lives man and so long as no one takes the piss too much so what.

Its like were children or something and we have a new stepdad in europe

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

A63

The ride from ferriby services on the A63 will include MP Graham Stuart, on A VFR 750 :)

Unfortunately my Speed Four won't be out of garage in time :( , so if I am able to go, it'll be as a pilion.

Will I be seeing some of you there? Hope so :)

Reply to this Topic
megadooomer

Jan 11

megadooomer says:

I'll join if I can.

Bloody stupid ideas sit in a dealership paying for part and labour when If I had the tools and experiance I would happily service my bike at home. 

And the laws in france banning bikes over 7 yrs old from urban areas??????  Don't we all live in urban areas?  How would I get to work?  Would the government buy my bike just to scrap it? If that comes into place here I'm leaving, I love my '02 bandit to much to sell it to any MP or lives in a cave  :)

Reply to this Topic
cretine

Sep 11

cretine says:

Great idea, 10000 bikers ride up M4 each one spends at least £10 on petrol government makes at least £70000 on fuel duty,transport minister says "let them protest every week"

Reply to this Topic
cretine

Sep 11

cretine says:

just been on the so called day of protest,and what a waste of time it was too. Arrived at pont abraham services there was no information boards or leaflets explaining what it was about or where it was going to,some people said it was to sarn in bridegend but lots of people turned off at llansamlet,a protest ride of 11 miles and didnt even block the motorway,totally pointless and I will not waste my time with this type of crap again.

Reply to this Topic
Dilligaf1968

Sep 11

Dilligaf1968 says:

Some people are complete donkey's!

Cretine... yep... just about says it all.

Reply to this Topic
rarebreed

Sep 11

rarebreed says:

damaging bikers reputation

Sorry guys, had to vent my frustration at this type of protest.  Got caught up in the jam after a 4 hour trouble free drive and had no idea what it was for.  I used to sympathise with bikers (I have close friends who have bikes) but after this I'm afraid I have no support for the "cause".  How on earth this was supposed to show the EU anything I have no idea. I think all you have managed to do is annoy a few car drivers and lose any support you may have had. The dangerous driving I saw and the extra 30mins of my life wasted I hope you feel was worth it. I usually pull over to let bikes through but I don't think I'll be doing them any more favours after this. 

My Advice if the EU are interfering in your life just ignore it.  We don't stick to the speed limit rules most of the time anyway so why stick to other rules we don't agree to. 
Great waste of fuel and lowers my perception of bikers I'm afraid. 
If you disagree or are fed up with rules do something constructive rather than segregating yourselves and alienating car drivers.  Motorists should stick together on these things not be divided

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rarebreed...

I'm sorry you were delayed Rarebreed... at 45mph the 15 miles should have taken 20mins so the delay should have been less than 8mins... I suggest that the level of traffic (added to by the bikers) was such that traffic couldn't flow any faster... or some people were pratting around & shouldn't have been... personally I saw several cars driving irresponsibly but hey-ho, I see that as regularly as I see traffic jams caused by hundreds of single occupancy cars... on a daily basis costing me far more time than one single bike jam on a Sunday.

The purpose of the protest wasn't to get car drivers on our side (even though the rules will no doubt end up effecting them)... how can slowing someones progress get them on your side?... it was to voice our disapproval & show Europe (it was a Europe wide protest) that we have a voice. Politicians had to take notice & looking at the news coverage I'd say it was a measured success.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices