Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed

Honda’s new-for-2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade was officially shown to the world at simultaneous unveilings over the weekend, at the Imola round of WSB and Le Mans 24-Hour. Not surprisingly the bikes displayed turned out to be the same machine that MCN highlighted after details were released on a Hong-Kong Honda dealer’s website. Official Honda press information underlined MCN’s details of the bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 September 2011 10:13)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Power Dropped?

150.2 bhp? surely not MCN.

Reply to this Topic
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Looks?

Still can't say the styling is good though. Can't put my finger on why, but it just looks a bit naff. Probably a storming bike but as all the big superbikes are better and more powerful than even a good road rider could push, it comes down to looks in most cases. And the Fireblade looks a bit 'challenging.'

Reply to this Topic
valentinoGOD

Jun 10

valentinoGOD says:

honda

i agree with you kescheng i dont think the looks are nice at all its looks like they havent tried really a twist between the old bike and 10 year old boy adding random things to it, also snev it says 175.7bhp but then again if it isnt over 185bhp then no one takes an interest in the bike :/ shame really and shame about the looks, last years was gorgeous (well better looking)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

valentinoGOD

It does now but it didn't earlier.

Reply to this Topic
hellobignose

Mar 09

hellobignose says:

This changes nothing

I, like many others on this site, mercilessly derided MCN for claiming the previous spy shots were genuine when they were obviously fake because Honda would never release pictures of its new Blade via a Hong Kong shop. The fact you got this right changes nothing. I still believe you are all utterly stupid and do not check anything, ever. Bloody MCN

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Lights

Look at all the row of lights below the cockpit, at least at that point one is getting value (or amount) for money.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

They're not lights , They're Smarties !

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

no real difference then

Shame they haven't upped the BHP to be nearer the ZX10R, although torque is where the Honda kicks ass.

Why do bikes these days all have those massive hideous rear number plate hangers.  Are they getting kick-backs from the tail tidy manufacturers.

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Is it really enough ?

Well is it enough for them to contend in WSBK ?  Looks possible with the new throttle Rae was using in Imola & with enough small tweeks could be ample. But its nothng major what we were expecting. As said the mid range is where the blade works for street use and track days. But who knows what all these new tweeks will add up to.

I was thinking of buying new fireblade next year but no way, paying a sh*t load of dosh for a revised bike. Not enough of a leap forward for me to part with appx 15,500 Euro next year across the pond here, no way!

There's a V4 coming isnt there....................:tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bladerman2011

Sep 11

fireblade

Look guys,its nothing to do with that the blade cant compete,fact is it can,more to do with the fact that mr ten kate and his team seem to be totally clueless how to set the bike up for rea. Just a thought-even tho the blade doesnt have any extras as such for next year does anyone really think it will be over priced at 11.1k? this bike will still out perform all other super bikes on the road and as again this year will outsell them too,lets all wait and see-dont judge before you try the goods!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices