Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Trevor Franklin  says:

2012 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade revealed

Honda’s new-for-2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade was officially shown to the world at simultaneous unveilings over the weekend, at the Imola round of WSB and Le Mans 24-Hour. Not surprisingly the bikes displayed turned out to be the same machine that MCN highlighted after details were released on a Hong-Kong Honda dealer’s website. Official Honda press information underlined MCN’s details of the bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 September 2011 10:13)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

@ blademan2011

i hear what you are saying. I agree, again it will be prob the most balanced sportsbike for the road. The whole ten late thing is a bit of a mystery. Rae is going to do himself serious damage for riding his current bike beyond its current capabilities. HIs is riding it to the max.

...................hat i am saying is that to me, the bnew fireblae is a bit of a disappointment considering its 20 yrs etc etc. I have owned the last 4 models back to back in the order they were released to the market starting in 2002. I love fireblades but to me I wanted more from this particular model. The current model is great no question, they have all been but the 954 (2002 / 2003 ) bike still pips it for me out of them all.

Reply to this Topic
bladerman2011

Sep 11

blade

Yes i can take on board peoples disapointment,i reckon tho one people get chance to have a go on one their view will change. Just seems that honda doesnt want to upgrade too muh as this will put the price up sustantially-maybe it was a case of "if we keep our price the lowest of all the superbikes people will keep buying ours" Me thinks honda not as daft as they maybe cabbage looking

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

This a great bike and most likely for most riders, the easiest to ride smoothly. Improvements to the FI only make it better. It's a shame it "only" has 176 hp. How maddening is that? I don't think I can leave the house the embarrassment is so! Seems to me you can lose your license just as easily with these as any of the others chasing the top hp crown. How silly is that anyway?

Reply to this Topic
keyboardwarrior

Sep 09

I wanna ride it

I like the wheels :)

Gonna go and see Dobles.

Fanks.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

2008 - 2012 blade

probarly the best non traction control motorcycle ever built, this bike is a masterpiece

i love this bike and revisions will just enhance what is an awesome tool

however i do believe the new zx10r now has the beating of the blade in every respect

but you cant turn the traction control off

well done honda

Reply to this Topic
flatsixforever

Sep 11

traction control

No traction control........Honda has made the right decision here imo.  We have been getting told for years now by the manufacturers that we need this aid.  The racers don't want it and neither do I.  I think once again Honda have got it right for their flagship roadbike.  i will be surprised if the blade does not continue to be the best seller given a more realistic price over admittedly more sophisticated machinery and giving the road rider/occasional track dayer what they really need - a sweet handling, quick as, bike. I even think the looks are sharp esp in HRC colours.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

dont change the can!!!

im doubting all these new models now maybe a waste of money and will lower in value when the new laws apply,when they do that is, enjoy them now before they rape our bike world, cnat change the end can!!!what a joke.

Reply to this Topic
sandmacker

Oct 10

sandmacker says:

Honda have done it again and built a bike that caters to what the riders really need and want . That is alot of bang for your buck

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Woah!  Hold the phone!  Is this the first bike since the 1980s to have an even number of spokes in the wheel?

(The 10-spoke Marchesinis don't count because they're really 5 spokes divided into 2.)

Reply to this Topic
MartinZ

Sep 11

MartinZ says:

honda - never again

So the same engine, right? I had 2008 one, oil consumption reaching 1 litre per thousand miles. Now I have 2010 model with the same oil consumption. I could live with it, except one small thing: top end rebuild every 40 thousand miles. Yes, I ride a lot and my bike reached 40000 miles in about 20 months. Sadly, lost compression because all valves started to leak, badly. Honda UK think that it is normal wear and tear hence you can read it this way: Fireblade engine is designed to last 40 thousand miles only and then it needs to be rebuild at cost close to £2000. Will I buy Honda bike again? No, never.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices